Road Rage Stories?

Jens

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been hashed out before but there are doubtless new stories to be told. Here's one.

I was with my family in the minivan on a hot summer's afternoon. We'd been out at Monroe and were returning home through Lake Forest Park. I was driving and had just turned right on Ballinger Way from southbound Bothell Way. There is a merge with a yield sign there. Some cars turning left from northbound had just gotten a signal, but it looked like I was well ahead of the first of them, so I went and merged. No sooner as I had done this when I heard a horn honk. I looked in my rearview mirror and there was another minivan right on my bumper with the most livid maniac behind the wheel. His family was with him: wife and kids. He was screaming out the window at the top of his lungs, honking, flashing his lights. I could see the embarrassment in the poor woman's face. Apparently, the guy had floored it when he got the signal and was going 50 mph in a 30 mph zone, that's the only way I could have "cut off" the guy. Anyway, I just ignored him and went the speed limit until I turned left and he went straight. I guess I was in the wrong, but how is it worth it to totally lose your cool and ruin your whole family's day by flipping out like that?