Initech

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

Perhaps you folks can identify something for me in the Canadian Rockies. This is looking east from the Adamants across the Columbia. What peak is that in the distance? Probably something really well-known and popular but I have not been in that area.

-

From the Adamants you are much too far north for Assiniboine. I would guess probably Mt Bryce or Columbia itself. Im leaning towards Bryce cause it has a steep N face like that baby apparently does.

You could use www.bivouac.com and check the 100 km Javamap from Sir Sandford to see where Bryce is in relation to it...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That map is pretty cool, thanks. Probably Bryce I guess. That picture is looking through the Houdini needles (steep skiing [Eek!] ) area which would put you in line with Bryce I think. Columbia seems too far north and would be close to Tsar from that angle, which would be noticeable. Thanks for the help.

quote:

Originally posted by Nathan:

I think it might be the N face of Alberta.

Took some Canadian Rockies action to get you out of lurking, eh? Thanks for the input. The summit is actually shaded somewhat in this photo so it looks like rock. It was ice over, but definitely looked steep from this spot. This was taken this April. I'll see if I have a few shots from up on the Gothics that might help. Welcome to thunderdome.

Here's another photo from the same general area, to the left of the other photo. That first mountain would be to the right (south)

-

I think that big'n is Columbia on the right. Dunno about the left rock face.

[ 09-26-2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: iain ]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

Perhaps you folks can identify something for me in the Canadian Rockies. This is looking east from the Adamants across the Columbia. What peak is that in the distance? Probably something really well-known and popular but I have not been in that area.

-

I think it might be the N face of Alberta.

The north face of Bryce is snow/ice right to the summit whereas this picture shows alot of rock, and looking at the N face of Columbia the left skyline (E ridge) is much more mellow than the one in the picture.