battlecage gremlin poll

chucK

What does :battlecage: mean to you?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What does :battlecage: mean to you?

It has come to my attention that some people view this little guy boxing_smiley.gif differently than I.

I always thought boxing_smiley.gif meant you were good-naturedly verbally sparring with some mean sounding language. But the person I was talking to thought boxing_smiley.gif was more of a threat, like, "I'll kick your ass if I ever see you in person madgo_ron.gif". Anyway...what's the implication?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...goterWTF ....

Gotterdammerung is German for "Twilight of the Gods". It is the title of Act III of Wagner's epic Ring Cycle opera.

wave.gif

p.s. As for what the boxing_smiley.gif guy means, I think it is entirely dependent upon context, but obviously it has something to do with disagreement/fighting, etc.

...goterWTF ....

Gotterdammerung is German for "Twilight of the Gods". It is the title of Act III of Wagner's epic Ring Cycle opera.

wave.gif

Actually, for what it's worth, it's the fourth and final opera in the four-part Ring cycle.

We gotta deal with old Siegfried and all of that before Valhalla gets to burn down in Part Four.

Wagner, who didn't try to hide his jingoism, insisted that Gotterdammerung was about hubris as a fatal fault of humanity and not about Germany's dilemmas of that time. It isn't called a ring for nothing! That hasn't stopped the simple minded from tacking the name on their own crusades ever since then.