Exit 38 - Valley View West?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the ratings are consistent with the rest of Exit 38 stuff. There seem to be a few soft ratings but plenty that most will agree are on grade. They're probably be a few adjustments in the book as compared to the current suggestions. The good thing is that the stiff approach will weed out the off-the-couch sport wieners.

quote:

Originally posted by matt warfield:

don't need to when you have 3/8" hard........ware
[Wink]

If all you have is that, well then maybe you should have it surgically removed and dress up like Rupaul.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

I have heard this crag is reached by continuing up the Mt Washington trail past the turnoff to Bob's/Steel Fingers areas for about 5 minutes until a side trail is reached that leads to the crag. Runoured to be the largest crag in the area. Has anyone been there and if you have spill the beans!

I've heard there is sweet granite in Renton! [Eek!]

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001709

not stirring up shit one bit lucky.....

i think that exit 38 is where you should grid bolt the fuck out of the rock....that places serves it patrons well...

certainly i have personal issues with 2 bolts contrivences, but those are my issues and i rarely feel the need to even care about them...

but a bunch of people trying to keep public land secret and what not is bogus....and quite selfish....

i would not take the time to contact the state parks, as it is a waste of time with no results.........becuase i am sure that you are your friends know and are working with the state park officals. i remember somethingawhile ago that you needed to get the land managers prermission to bolts routes, and i am sure you have done that.....

granted if the extent of route development goes into what happens at vantage(quarrying for routes) then i would have an issue, as i belive that certainly some cleaning needs to take place to removes losse rock, but i have seen some people quarrying(spending day on rappel ripping blocks away) is sad and abusive to the enviroment

erik

i have quite a fine life sir........no need to tell me to get one......

I am holding an advance copy of the guide book due out soon. Vally view west has no access issues.

Go like you are going to bobs at the .......( ask eric he knows everything [Roll Eyes] ) Great crag solid rock hard moves 510,511 cracks ,512s If you don't want to get lost or because this is just a sample BUY THE BOOK.If there is a vally view west there must be a vally view east and what about interstate park?theres more and more.

[ 09-09-2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: LUCKY ]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

not stirring up shit one bit lucky.....

i think that exit 38 is where you should grid bolt the fuck out of the rock....that places serves it patrons well...

certainly i have personal issues with 2 bolts contrivences, but those are my issues and i rarely feel the need to even care about them...

but a bunch of people trying to keep public land secret and what not is bogus....and quite selfish....

i would not take the time to contact the state parks, as it is a waste of time with no results.........becuase i am sure that you are your friends know and are working with the state park officals. i remember somethingawhile ago that you needed to get the land managers prermission to bolts routes, and i am sure you have done that.....

granted if the extent of route development goes into what happens at vantage(quarrying for routes) then i would have an issue, as i belive that certainly some cleaning needs to take place to removes losse rock, but i have seen some people quarrying(spending day on rappel ripping blocks away) is sad and abusive to the enviroment

erik

i have quite a fine life sir........no need to tell me to get one......

WHAT A WANKER [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Lucky rules!!! And there is a Valley East as I have been there been there! (I think) OK LUCKY please tell me two routes there on 12a the other to the right a bit slabby? Am I correct?

PP

Buy the book, due out in a couple of weeks

I am already probably going to get shit for leaking beta.

And tell Eric and greg to change there diapers [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

LUCKY;

Erik doesn't need me to defend him, but I think you're out of line. I think you're being the wanker; Erik is just voicing his opinion like everyone else on this site.

Greg W

Your a wanker if you dis a crag you have not even been to,so it was ok to log it, it's ok to hike past it ,it's ok to hunt there but we should reframe from climbing there [Roll Eyes]

If you don't like exit 38 don't go there and if your talking that much s&*% about it I expect not to have to see you there "RIGHT ON"