Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

glacier

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Okay, since you guys still don't get it...

There have been times when I've been driving paved "public" roads in the deserts of the southwest and not seen another soul, let alone another car, for an hour or more. I've also been on roads so straight and flat that you can literally see 20 miles (like the roads that cross through basins in Nevada's Basin & Range province). On a road such as this, you could speed and get away with it. That is such a place where you can reasonably assume there will be nothing to get in your way. And if there is something there you'll see it way ahead of time. No one who dares go 200 mph on a bike would fail to be observant in such events. If a gila monster ambles into your path and you crash, that's your own tough luck, but you didn't kill another person.

BTW, 200 mph on a bike? I've never done it so I can't say what kind of control you can have. Can you? Obviously, the Minnesota speeder was able to control his bike.

Maybe this is what happened to klenke

"Son do you know why I'm stoppin you for?"

Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hat's real low

Or do I look like a mindreader sir? I don't know

Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?

"Well you was doin fifty-five in the fifty-four;

license and registration and step out of the car -

are you carryin a weapon on you? I know a lot of you are"

I ain't steppin out of shit, all my papers legit

"Well do you mind if I look around the car a little bit?"

Well my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back

And I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that

"Aren't you sharp as a tack! You should try out

for lawyer or somethin, somebody important or somethin"

Child I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit

Enough that you won't illegally search my shit

"Well we'll see how smart you are when the canine comes"

I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one

You can't justify going 3 times the speed limit on a public road. Period. Any of you who engage in that kind of mental circle-jerk are selfish in a murderously irresponsible way. Go spend tonight down at the ER.

If'n the cops weren't around, I'd deliver a biker-style asswhipping to that fuckwad.

Your talking pretty tall, even for a 'cyber frontiersman'. As with most virtual puffer fish of your ilk, you might find it a bit harder to deliver on your promise once you've pried your ass from your office chair and your jackin' hand from your mouse and stepped back into the real world.

Despite your inflatable commando's use of that anthem of wannabe junior cop authority, the decisive 'Period.', any experienced rider knows that its perfectly safe for everyone involved to ride a well maintained machine 2 or more times the speed limit on the right open road with the right visibility. I could ride at maximum warp on the right Nevada highway all day long without so much as seeing another creature, nevermind endangering one. If you're not comfortable doing that, then don't. If you don't even ride, then who the hell are you to prescribe your lack of experience to those of us that do?