• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
tele_nut

Are these people for real ?

lol Sabre is up to 5.6 on the "comprehensive online guidebook" that only lists 2 routes at L'worth. Creeping grade inflation made real!

I'm going to do the mountain ascent challenge in the slowest time possible. Make the course setters have to wait out there for hours sweating my safety. Meanwhile I'll be under my beta-mid taking a nap near Kaleetan.

Once thing I will say is that what's so wrong with offering easy ascents of local peaks? The majoirty of clients don't really know their arse from their elbow and likely wouldn't be climbing anything too hard anyway. A quick jaunt up The Tooth and a polaroid picture is probably enough for most of them. Just my 2 cents. wave.gif

Once thing I will say is that what's so wrong with offering easy ascents of local peaks? The majoirty of clients don't really know their arse from their elbow and likely wouldn't be climbing anything too hard anyway. A quick jaunt up The Tooth and a polaroid picture is probably enough for most of them. Just my 2 cents. wave.gif

Don't let Volken hear you saying that. You'd steal his thunder.

I saw a guide taking some beginners climbing at Mount Eerie on Saturday. He pissed me off initially because he expressed a slight proprietary attitude and he had his stuff spread out all over the place. He quickly got a clue and consolidated his stuff and, after he saw that I wasn't going to kill my seven-year-old nephew he relaxed and let us climb. The proprietary attitude comes in part from being responsible for other people, I guess. Anyway, I ultimately enjoyed sharing the crag with his group, and not only did he seem to know what he was doing but he seemed to do a fairly good job of encouraging his "clients" to enjoy themselves. I think he worked for Cascade Guides.

He was a marked contrast to the loudmouthed jerk I recently saw teaching some kids to climb at Marymoor. Unprofessional, unsafe, and unencouraging.

Guides and clubs, even Scott's guides and clubs, can be OK by me.

I'm with you there. The idea of guiding can be appealing but the reality is that it is generally low paying and seasonal work, and it tends to get one used to feeling and acting like a babysitter whenever they go climbing. I suppose people could make similar generalizations about lots of other professions, though.