Steinbok Northeast Buttress (Trolling for beta)

Karl_Manzer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude that's alpine rock climbing in SW BC. Well, mostly. None of those things need get in the way of a good climb... mosquitoes die, wet rock dries, vegetation can be removed...

By the by the 10th anniversary of the Edwards-Spagnut ascent is this month if I'm not mistaken.

• 4 years later...

tyree and i tried the Flavelle-Howe two summers ago. we got about 700 ft up the beast before we realized that we were too far left and bailed off a pin at an obvious bailpoint.

sonnie trotter, will stanhope, and someone else freed the edwards spagnut the same year (placing one bolt?).

it's compact and dirty and flaky, but is one hell of a line. we often talk about getting back on it but it always seems to fall to the bottom of the list. the bivy ledge high on the route looks quite spectacular and i hope to spend a night up there sometime.

Anderson_River_Valley_.jpg

ty_on_slab_2.jpg

ty_on_slab_1.jpg

Steinbok.jpg

More_Steinbok.jpg

Last_View.jpg

sonnie trotter, will stanhope, and someone else freed the edwards spagnut the same year (placing one bolt?).

4 bolts I think.

I think some of the same team was recently trying the N Face line..I believe it was pretty much finished maybe just a pitch or two left.