Better than HC

Dru

This is a Coastal climbers secret weapon first invented by Dick Culbert and passded down through succeeding generations.

Peanut Butter and Mayonnaise Sandwiches [chubit]

Take 2 pieces of bread. Spread peanut butter on one (best type to use is the organic "Nothing But Peanuts" stuff)and a thick layer of REAL mayonnaise (not some wimpy Miracle Whip) on the other. Put some raisins or dried cranberries on the mayo side and put slices together to make sandwich. [chubit] YUM!

Pretty soon you'll be leading 5.9 in hiking boots and rating it 5.6 too.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Southerner, anything with mayonnaise is automatically good! Dru, the sandwich you speak of is similar to one I was raised on except instead of raisins, try banana. It is awesome. I am not sure you can get "real" mayonnaise in the PNW. I have mine shipped out from North Carolina and it is called Dukes. If anyone finds it out here, LET ME KNOW! I feel I am a connoisseur on mayonnaise as I did not have store-bought until I went to college. I have tried about 10-15 different types of "real" mayonnaise out here and they just do not compare. Mao and PB crackers are good, so are mayo, PB, tomato, lettuce, mustard, turkey and pepper sandwiches (the PB is the key to this concoction). Also mayo, tomato, and pepper sandwiches are awesome too. Bon appetit! [chubit]

WTF is it with mayo. After 20 years in NC I have learned that there is an insane desire to slather every type of sandwich with mayo and heat it into a soggy radiative mass. Who ever heard of a hoagie with mayo, hot? Or a cheese steak with mayo. But if you don't want mayo and a soggy sandwich here you had better say so.

If you like mayo Dukes is prime.

Now, pork barbeque (and that's not beef with thick red sauce) can give a good cheese steak a real run for it's money. Allen's in Chapel Hill is primo.