Bush pushes Communism??

JoshK

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/30/bush.issues/index.html

"The first two weeks will focus on "strengthening families and the changing economy," with a special emphasis on promoting what the president calls the "ownership society.""

I can take two things out of this:

1.)Bush is pushing for state ownership.

2.)Bush is pushing or more corporate and wealthy citizen control of the rest of us.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, my first impression without reading the article is that his campaign might tie that in with home ownership.

On the other hand,...here's someone else's words:

More disturbing by far are the many eerie parallels between Adolph Hitler and George W. Bush:

A conservative, authoritarian style, with public appearances in military uniform (which no previous American president has ever done while in office). Government by secrecy, propaganda and deception. Open assaults on labor unions and workers' rights. Preemptive war and militant nationalism. Contempt for international law and treaties. Suspiciously convenient "terrorist" attacks, to justify a police state and the suspension of liberties. A carefully manufactured image of "The Leader," who's still just a "regular guy" and a "moderate." "Freedom" as the rationale for every action. Fantasy economic growth, based on unprecedented budget deficits and massive military spending.

And a cold, pragmatic ideology of fascism—including the violent suppression of dissent and other human rights; the use of torture, assassination and concentration camps; and most important, Benito Mussolini's preferred definition of "fascism" as "corporatism, because it binds together the interests of corporations and the state."

By their fruits, you shall know them.

source

Edited by Stonehead

WOw, could it be possible that I was being fecitious(sp?)?? It sounds stupid no matter what he means. And yes, down below it states he means home ownership. Don't you get it...banning gay marriage and supporting religious schools is the key to home ownership!! rolleyes.gif

The fruit I see from Bush, Honesty in the White House, A man of principal doing what he says, verses John Kerry taking both sides of every issue. But Kerry is no commie he served in Vietnam or did you not hear.
People like you confuse circumspection with a lack of principles. Our current crop of conservatives like to oversimplify issues and cast them in black and white when, in reality, they are quite complex. Bush is hardly a man of principle. He is a man who is too lazy to study the issues and develop a careful and rational foreign policy.

The fruit I see from Bush, Honesty in the White House, A man of principal doing what he says, verses John Kerry taking both sides of every issue.

Only if you buy his Orwelian speak.

* "No child left behind" means if students don't achieve a certain level in testing, funds get cut off. Yet to reach these goals of testing, no funding has been provided, setting the schools up for failure. This sets the stage for government funds going toward charter and private schools, and after that happens, public schools are going into the toilet. The less privileged then truly get left behind.

* "Healthy Forest Initiative" means cutting trees. As a reaction to the fires in places like southern California where so many homes were lost, "to save the forest" they are going to cut some of it down. Only problem is there isn't a requirement to do it near the homes that they are trying to save.

* "Improving the environment" by dismantling pollution laws.

* "The reconstruction of Iraq will be paid with the proceeds from Iraqi oil". After 90 billion and counting and the plea for other countries to excuse Iraq for their debt, I'd call this a tad bit of an overstatement.

* "And when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace" - GW Bush

A good case could be made that Bush does nearly the opposite of what he says he is going to do.