secret crags

larrythellama

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey distel it aint no troll. we came accross a crag thqat was developed in the early 90's abandoned and then some people have started to "develop" more of the crag in the last few months or so. they only put in bolts and avoid the cracks, tho they admit to bolting some placements for the ease of climbing the route, its weird tho as the person told me they avoid bolting cracks, yet they admited to doing so. they also asked us not to really climb there as they wanted to control it. the funny thing is they did not discover and it has been mentioned on the net b4(not this site) which is what we find bullshit. matter of fact i am going there in an hour or so to climb the cracks and avoid their bolted face contrivences.

i almost want to talk to the land managers cuz in some ways i think it is in a wilderness area they have been using an electric roto hammer, the thing that prevents me from doing so is the quality of the crag.

i almost want to talk to the land managers cuz in some ways i think it is in a wilderness area they have been using an electric roto hammer, the thing that prevents me from doing so is the quality of the crag.

It may be cause of doods like you that doods like that tell doods like you not to go there. yelrotflmao.gif

sac up be a man.

public land is public land. no one can claim rights or ownership (unless you're a multimillion $ mining corporation...but that's another thread)

it's my understanding that any motorized equipment (gas / electric) is illegal in wilderness areas, even for the land managers (although, exceptions are granted)

would i go out to climb it? yes. i would not 'rat' them out to the land managers though, since it would open the location up to probable bureaucratic mayhem. i believe management/policing from the users of the area is the best option.

Hmm, something in the Middle Fork? Putting up routes on a public crag does not give you any power over it or special rights to controlling information. You should just post up the location beta. You should be able to confirm it's wilderness status without alerting the tool, but if it's wilderness those folks should STOP or start drilling by hand.