Parallel Universe

AllYouCanEat

I've been told that spring skiing in alaska is just a slushfest. Is this true? Is corn snow something that is only unique at this parallel? This is why I love washington and the northwest. Is there better elsewhere or are we really the place to be? I know there is better powder or at least more consistant light dumps elsewhere, but I'd like to think when it comes to corn, we're the corn capital USA.

SAMSPRAY01.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of my ski buddies that are from caifornia, and those who've done extended trips to cali in the spring swear that the corn snow is better and/or more consistant in the sierras, particularly the east side....but in california one cannot find multi-thousand foot runs mid to late summer either, so perhaps its a trade off.

Edited by pete_a

some of my ski buddies that are from caifornia, and those who've done extended trips to cali in the spring swear that the corn snow is better and/or more consistant in the sierras, particularly the east side.

Sierra corn is primo! This year I was down there doing corn skiing in March blush.gif but in a good year corn skiing can last till June/July

Have you looked into Montana or Wyoming? I've been to both Bridger Bowl and Big Sky in MT and Jackson Hole in WY. In Montana, you get lots of deep powder far into the spring. I don't know about summer skiing....perhaps in Glacier? Have you thought about checking the area around Calgary or places in BC?