Prana TOPS! ladies climb Wednesday (July 28) #3

icegirl

Location Poll  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Location Poll

Being that this week was a boisterous success, we are already planning ahead for next week.

Remember, this is for all you newbie girls, basic skills are all that will be needed (how to get into your harness, shoes, tie in, belay) We will be doing all the rope set up (leading, anchors, etc) and take down. You will not be judged on your knowledge or ability. We are not going to require you to pass any tests. Consider it like a Stone Gardens climbing party. Unless you want to do more (or have the skillset to do more) all you are gonna do is climb climb climb... Although we are not going to the "coolest" places in washington, we are attempting to go to places that have a good number of climbs in the 5.6-5.9 range, so that everyone can get in more than one or two climbs.

Bring:

climbing shoes,

harness,

chalkbag,

water

munchies,

helmet would be nice,

Good shoes to do the short hike up in (sandles don't quite cut it).

Mosq repellent

Some warmer clothes, as the sun goes down rather quick when it goes down there.

Here are our options:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring:

climbing shoes,

harness,

chalkbag,

water

munchies,

helmet would be nice,

Good shoes to do the short hike up in (sandles don't quite cut it).

Mosq repellent

Some warmer clothes, as the sun goes down rather quick when it goes down there.

What!? No Beer?

Sandles are great for the time climbing, but ithe only complaint I've heard both times so far was while hiking out in the dark.... "Gee, I would've liked some stouter shoes" ...

SO, for those who want to carry extra stuff, bring yer flip-flops, cause like Special said, they are cooler and easier to slip on and off. OR, if you are really comfortable hiking in your sandles, go for it, just don't say I didn't warn ya...

lmao, so what does it take to get on Icegirls "Good wink.gif" list????

Answer: Buy Dwayner a six pack of Mickey's any chance you get. Icegirl won't know it, and he won't tell her, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your wanting to belay girls, but IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOUR KARMA.

homeBottle2.jpg

moments07.jpg

Sarah says: "Hey Dwayner! If I give you two Mickey's up-front, will you let me climb with you?" True story!

you actually climb?????? WTF!!

Yah, I do. But not with you nor any of your friends. Let's keep it that way. Maybe you can subscribe to Alpine K's "Dwayner doesn't climb"-cam and be yet another real "expert" on my life. rolleyes.gif

P.S. Good job of turning my good-natured post into another one of your mean-spirited sprays.

Selkirk, it is not easy to get on my "good list" it took the wearer of his wifes red velvet chalk bag more than two years to make the cut. Added to that, you have to make sure you get on the correct list... I have lots of rules and lots of lists... Anyhow, it's not _that_ cool a list to be on, unless you want to be ropegun/belay monkey for a bunch of newbie girl climbers...