Am I a hippy now?

cracked

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell ya what Paul, since you're not getting your mountain workout this weekend, ride it up here so I can have a look... grin.gif

Oh yeah and now that you have a road bike you have to start following the TDF, and riding around everywhere in a brightly colored racing jersey just like Lance! Geek_em8.gif

Man I am shit-talking up a storm here. I must really be bored... confused.gif Hmm but seriously, maybe we should get you some clipless pedals and go on a road ride tomorrow...

Yes baby cracked I have a mesenger bag. (I was a mesenger in Seattle for 3 years) Very handy around town. Get mountain bike clipless, easier to get in and out of and shoes are better for walking. Let's go for a ride sometime.

That's not a hippy bike BTW.

Edited by Dave_Schuldt

I have a Giant OCR-1, from 2001, a couple of years before that one. Basically the same bike with a little higher component set. They hadn't put shaped seatstays on them at that point, the ride is more harsh. Forks are straight-blade carbons, Shimano 105 flightdeck throughout.

Ditto on the mtn-bike pedals. I ride road pedals and shoes on mine, but I put my Time ATAC mtn pedals on there for a while and it's much better if you're running errands or going to class or something.

Here's the bike:

2001_Giant_OCR_1-bikes.jpg

Forget the clipless pedals. Forget about queer little shoes that go "clack clack clack" when you walk. Wanna be a cool guy? Want the gals to hear your coming? Just get some old playing cards and a clothes pin.

mufflers_and_hockey_cards.png

He was saying put mountain-style clipless pedals on your road bike. The shoes won't go -click-clack- like mine when you walk.

Ahhh, gotcha.

What's the BGT? Did you see any guys in Lycra and seizure-inducing racing jerseys?

Burke-Gilman Trail. thumbs_up.gif No, but I passed a bunch of gapers. evils3d.gif

Will's bike is prettier than mine! cry.gif