Inland Northwest rockclimbs guidebook

LUCKY

Best guide book ever? It's got my vote. thumbs_up.gif and the dude sent it too me before the check cleared, now that's trust. I really liked the words under First Ascent info, a real world attitude, and an insite into the MANS personality, putting that in print is quite ballzy.

Pleasing everyone just is not going to happen, route developing for the majority of climbers and the climbers you respect is the way to go.

Marty I can tell your not the kind of climber that would look down his nose at me for struggling on the low end climbs when you are cranking the high ends thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the guide.

The fat old man putting up moderates

LUCKY

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty did a great job on the guide in general. It was needed for all the areas involved.

I doubt there is a 1st ascent listed outside his current pals that the climbers would agree with Marty's editorials or obvious insults directed at earlier climbers like, Larry Peterman, or the quality of routes done previous to Marty starting climbing.

For that the guide book falls short. It is as close to a death fall if you want to give a book review.

A decent guidebook to the areas? Yes. The majority of the historical info is correct. Not easy to walk a straight line through the ethical debate Marty started and then encouraged by his actions and writing.

No question Marty's personality and agenda comes through in his writings. Nothing wrong with that until they clash head on with the long held traditions of climbing.

Lucky, before you review a guide book helps to have actually climbed in the area. BTW we don't have any Russians bagging the parking lots in Spokane for all the obvious reasons.

I really liked the words under First Ascent info, a real world attitude, and an insite into the MANS personality, putting that in print is quite ballzy.

So was gas gassing the kurds!! Saddam gets his judgement day on c-span, Marty on cc.com

route developing for the majority of climbers and the climbers you respect is the way to go.

Did you miss the poll ?!?!?

Marty I can tell your not the kind of climber that would look down his nose at me for struggling on the low end climbs when you are cranking the high ends thumbs_up.gif

from INClimbs

"Main Crack 5.4. It's been ten years since you started at Mini. You've top roped and top roped and top roped some more. Finally you're ready. You put on your shoes and chalk bag and walk up the ramp. There's a hush amongst the awe struck spectators as you begin to free solo Main Crack. You actually make it to the top ! You're a Mini god now ! It comes somplete with, a toady entourage, and a permanent appointment at the busiest time each day to drive to Mini and solo Main Crack for the rest of your life"

If that is not looking down your nose at low end climbers then what is ?

Marty, thanks for the book. It has helped me find my way around the crags. I appreciate your hard work on the book and the routes you have left for me to climb.

If the second edition leaves out the personal insults of good men, I'll give it another star.... but best ever, I think not. I have never seen another guide book with such personal dishing....would we really be LUCKY to have more ?!!!!

"Main Crack 5.4. It's been ten years since you started at Mini. You've top roped and top roped and top roped some more. Finally you're ready. You put on your shoes and chalk bag and walk up the ramp. There's a hush amongst the awe struck spectators as you begin to free solo Main Crack. You actually make it to the top ! You're a Mini god now ! It comes somplete with, a toady entourage, and a permanent appointment at the busiest time each day to drive to Mini and solo Main Crack for the rest of your life"

If that is not looking down your nose at low end climbers then what is ?

Thats looking down at people who think they can fool the masses into beliving that their 5.4 solo (and the ones they stage later) is next to godlike. Be careful who you try to fool, one of those people might know more than you'd like them too.

I have like zero time for this discussion and Marty and I are both out of here for the weekend in the next two minutes.

That said the tradition of soloing at Minne in general is/was pretty strong. Roskelly infact doing demos, soloing main crack, in mountain school something like 35 years ago is a funny story.

I doubt anyone ever looked at a solo of main crack as elevating you to gawd like status. Marty what is up with the atitude? But no matter, you are a bit off the deck and the landing is bad wink.gif

How about we save the solo debate till later so Marty and I can join in the diuscussion. That way we can share some perspectives that have obviously been missed.

rolleyes.gif This site is like the media very seldom is anything positive said here.

So it is no suprise to me the egos are out spraying their shit, it was actually expected.

bitch bitch bitch over trivial BS, you guys are worse than my x wife.

BTW while you were sweltering in the heat today I was climbing, I even had to put my coat on a few times.

IT must suck to be you yelrotflmao.gifbigdrink.gifyelrotflmao.gif