Bugaboos in July?

bugsinjuly

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are much worse places to go WITHOUT a partner. if the weather is nice, you'll probably find a partner or two up at the camping area there above the hut...and the hut girl will likely take pity on you and climb at least one route with you if history is any indicator!

soloing the Kane route on Bugaboo Spire!!! a little rope soloing will get you up Pigeon SPire...go even if you don't get hooked up...

there are much worse places to go WITHOUT a partner.

When I was there last summer, we met a guy from the Basque region who would hike up from the parking lot every day looking for someone to climb with. He was camping with his dog so he couldn't stay at Applebee or the hut. He joined us on Pigeon Spire and it sounded like he had been able to hook up with other groups as well.

what about this so called, "hut girl?"

I want one

3285hutgirl-med.jpg

She'd probably kick your ass and make a rug out of you for being a punk though. Well, maybe not. She's a very nice gal and only got angry once that I recall. It was something about the laundry and tea time....Oh yeah...every evening she'd come around to the Applebee camp to collect the money for keeping the crapper clean and pointed in the right direction. it is a little bit of a hike from the hut to the campground and so she'd usually hang around for a while and have soup or tea. so one day i'd finished up climbing early and had decided that my underwear had to be washed. i'd learned years ago from a euro climber that the way to clean whites is to boil them. so i gave it a try. seemed to be working just fine until the hutgirl showed up. i chatted as best i could, but, not being much of a conversationalist, she pretty quickly turned to the pot with the rattling cover. i coached her away from the pot with some great story like this but, that just got her more interested in tea. i couldn't do anything to stop her and she removed the lid. the look on her face and the words spoken still make me cry....she left quickly. her nose is probably still crinkled up with the thoughts of previous cups of tea and soup from that pot. the underwear were really clean. the pot did have a little scum ring that only came out with a good sand scrubbing.

Edited by gnibmilc

gnibmilc-- you love that hut girl story. Now she's really gonna be pissed that you put her picture on cc.com and set a horde of horny northwesterners after her. How's your new pet mouse? Still running around the Eurovan?