• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Matt_Anderson

new gym in sodo?

heard a rumor of a new climbing gym going in on 4th avenue somehere south of downtown.

Anyone have the scoop? a new VW or SG or something else?

Yep - I've head about this too - psyched because when I'm on the seattle side Ballard SUCKS to drive to. Think it's a VW project so mention your support to them so they know they've got a good thing on their hands

This of course is based on nothing but rumors and myths - but one can hope. fruit.gif

I thought you said there was a pretty solid garage wall circuit in Bellingham? Oh yeah, underground bouldering wall circuit comp yo! boxing_smiley.gif

I helped set some V1-V3 on Diego's wall... Geek_em8.gif

rolleyes.gif

well if you live in seattle, a membership for students is like 320 or so?? I would buy another membership if I still lived here.

Here is the scoop, a reply from a post I put on the Vertical World message board by the Site Admin:

"It is true that Vertical World is putting a new gym in at the old Ranier Brewery. It will be a small gym in comparison to Magnolia but it will have a new style of climbing wall that will be more sculpted than the panel system, with plenty of t-nuts. The gym will be open sometime in late fall."

wave.gif

I want them to open one in Tacoma! I live in Federal Way and it is a long drive to Magnolia. I work in Fremont, so that helps. More gyms in the south end would help me get the family climbing more.