So DFA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhhh I don't know how much you guys boulder but spotters will definitely help. Pads depending on how many they have. If they have 2 or 3 on top of one another then it will protect from shattered ankles. Spotters will protect from him rolling down the chossy hill, since it is straight up he'll be pitching pretty vertical. I've taken some falls from about 18' and pads definitely help.

I think that problem is Black Magiv V5???? is that correct PP?

So on my screen the guy measures 3.5 cm. From the dirt to the top of the boulder measures 15 cm. Straighten him out and maybe he'd measure 4 cm, so 15/4 rounds up to 4 body lengths. If he's 6 feet tall, the boulder is somewhere around 22.5 feet high. Which comes pretty close to Distel's 21.

I don't think you could keep the guy off the ground if he fell, (DUH!) but I think good spotter could do a couple of things that might help the guy out.

1 - Give him a nudge as he's falling to make sure he lands on the pads.

2 - keep him from cracking his head open...

Yo Justin, you're smoking crack. Check this shit out:

a(t) = -32.2 m/s^2

v(t) = -32.2t + v0

x(t) = -16.1(t^2) + v0t + x0

v0 = 0 , x0 = 22.5ft, defining x to be the vertical axis and '0' to be at the ground level.

So.

-22.5=-16.1(t^2)

t=1.18216560936s

Substituting t into the equasion for v, we get

v(1.18216560936) = -32.2(1.18216560936) = -38.0657326214 ft/s

or 25.9539 mi/hr, if you prefer such arcane units.

there are. Normally in a book it will have a little skull or a "fluttering heart"

Highballs get the little cute heart, skulls are X ratings pretty much. Problems where you need at least 3+ pads plus spotters. For instance Evilution gets an X rating or a solo rating. Problems like High Plains Drifter or Golden Shower both pictured above get an R type rating just because they are high.

Yeah, but he doesn't stop as soon as his feet hit the ground! Gotta measure from center of mass to center of mass; I was assuming that he ends up lying on the ground, CM effectively at 0. And his CM is very close to the top of the boulder in the pic! the_finger.gif