Adams via North Cleave

IDclimber

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridge should still be quite snow-covered this time of year. Later in the season, it will be a chosspile, like the thread Alex refers you to sez.

If you can get to the TH relatively quickly from wherever you have to leave the car, you should be fine. You might want to think about taking an extra day that you normally would in the summer, just cuz of how far away from the TH you will be when you start. Have you asked the ranger how far the approach road to Killen Creek TH is open?

Take skiis and leave them at the top of the snowfield at the base of the ridge. I happen to have a pair of tele skiis (190), bindings, and Merrel tele comps (size 11). for sale. $50 for the whole set. I'll throw in a pair of skins for $20.

WOW! Great feedback and activity. Thanks for the input. I will get a map and check it out. I talked to a Ranger a few weeks via email and he estimated a 2-3 mile approach to the Killeen TH by the weekend of 5/22, but if I can get access by another, closer route I will.

Can anyone tell me how this route compares to the Southern, standard route up Hood? I did Hood via this route this past March and loved it. Is the North Cleave more difficult? Thanks again.

...I did Hood via this route this past March and loved it. Is the North Cleave more difficult? Thanks again.

No, just longer. Don't need a rope, unless you're gonna get really lost on top and end up coming down a glaciated route.