assmonkey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"and the secretary of state's office said safeguards were in place to prevent targeting the wrong people. "

Yeah, just like last time! What were the safeguards again? Oh yeah, that's right, if you're black then you are probably a felon, so we'll remove you...

I say add another $1 tax on top of the price of gas, and people will actually start to use mass transit. SUVs will become a thing of the past. YEA!!! If you are really that concerned about the price of gas the ride a fucking bike, bus, or walk. I think higher prices on gas are a good thing, especially if it gets rid of bush. I would pay $5 a gallon for that.

(This is not necessarily directed to the poster I quoted, just seemed like a good place to put it:)

Honestly, how do you ass clowns get to the mountains, by riding a bike? "Oh no, we carpool in my subie outback." So you are better than the SUV drivers because you only pollute half as much eh? So your shit only stinks half as much? Good job thumbs_up.gif Go get a flipping clue. rolleyes.gif

And now for the totally random part of our show:

Honestly, how do you ass clowns get to the mountains, by riding a bike? "Oh no, we carpool in my subie outback." So you are better than the SUV drivers because you only pollute half as much eh? So your shit only stinks half as much? Good job thumbs_up.gif Go get a flipping clue. rolleyes.gif

yelrotflmao.gif Did your buddy find his burquanstocks?

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y (not a s s c l moon.gif w n)

Just get a motorcycle. 80+ MPG grin.gif

Actually most get more like 50. The current trend for motorcycles the last few years is bigger engeins. Have you looked around lately? It is hard to find a bike with less than a 750cc motor. Mine is 750 and it get 45-50, depending on how fast i ride it.

True true, though you can find 'em. I have a little 250cc 2K1 Suzuki. Perfect for my little commute to the burbs.

bigdrink.gif

I say add another $1 tax on top of the price of gas, and people will actually start to use mass transit. SUVs will become a thing of the past. YEA!!! If you are really that concerned about the price of gas the ride a fucking bike, bus, or walk. I think higher prices on gas are a good thing, especially if it gets rid of bush. I would pay $5 a gallon for that.

(This is not necessarily directed to the poster I quoted, just seemed like a good place to put it:)

I really dont want to start up the SUV vs. cars debated again, but remember two things:

1.) there is a huge difference between those who need SUVs (< 1%) and every fucking soccer mom driving one. There is currently no disinsentive for people to pick some sort of reasonable vehicle, so the suburbanites get caught in a war of ever increasing vehicle size. My new theory is it's suburban husbands who need to get a minivan for their family, but can't stand driving a minivan so they get a large poor handling minivan (Suburban, expedition, etc...)

2.)SUVs pollute way more than cars, not just 2x. Fuel economy may simply be twice as bad but remember they have to meet very light efficient, crash safety and pollution standards due to their classification as light work trucks.

wave.gif

Source: U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration's Petroleum Marketing Monthly Report, Table 31. Prices include Oregon State Tax ($0.24/gallon effective 1993) and Federal Tax ($0.184/gallon effective 10/1/93, $0.183/gallon effective 1/1/96, $0.184/gallon effective 10/1/97); local taxes are not included; data is subject to revisions.

Average Price/Gallon of Regular Unleaded Gas in Oregon 1995-2003

PP bigdrink.gif

5a1a55af295a1_343661-OregonGasPrices.thumb.jpg.78775e804c8fe703802d9c62bf530282.jpg

Huh? What was that in reply to?

No need to rant about hummer limos...everybody knows they are gay as hell!

Why the homophobic blasphemous reply, Josh? Can't you be a bit nicer and accomodated of those of us who decided to spend their money on a nice car rather than on new skis? cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif Such hatred. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

hahaha.gif

Interesting reading:

BIG AND BAD; How the S.U.V. ran over automotive safety.

- MR. a s s m moon.gif n k e y

BWAAAHH! Some great quotes. It's hilarious how the automakers seem to be saying "yes, our customers are complete idiots, but we build what they want"

"Fred J. Schaafsma, a top engineer for General Motors, says, "Sport-utility owners tend to be more like 'I wonder how people view me,' and are more willing to trade off flexibility or functionality to get that.""

"According to Bradsher, internal industry market research concluded that S.U.V.s tend to be bought by people who are insecure, vain, self-centered, and self-absorbed, who are frequently nervous about their marriages, and who lack confidence in their driving skills"

"...Bradsher writes, loves to tell the story of how at a focus group in Los Angeles "an elegant woman in the group said that she needed her full-sized Lexus LX 470 to drive up over the curb and onto lawns to park at large parties in Beverly Hills." One of Ford's senior marketing executives was even blunter: "The only time those S.U.V.s are going to be off-road is when they miss the driveway at 3 a.m.""

"My tape recorder went skittering across the cabin. The whole maneuver had taken no more than a few seconds, but it felt as if we had been sailing into a squall. Champion brought the car to a stop. We both looked back: the TrailBlazer had hit the cone at the gate. The kid on the bicycle was probably dead. Champion shook his head. "It's very rubbery. It slides a lot. I'm not getting much communication back from the steering wheel. It feels really ponderous, clumsy. I felt a little bit of tail swing.""

50% reduction in pollution/consumption would actually be a pretty good place to start, methinks.

Further to snoboy's point: with higher fuel prices, you are still free to use your SUV, and you will still pollute as much. But at least you are PAYING closer to the full costs of your automobile choice.

If you pay closer to the full costs (including higher pollution costs, decreased safety, etc. which are currently borne by society as a whole - "external costs"), then you will probably make wiser choices about when and how to use your SUV. So then SUVs are more likely to be only used when they are actually needed...but the gov't doesn't decide that - the market does. You are a free marketeer, I assume...why aren't you supportive of letting the market inform people on automobile choice.

By supporting artificially lower automobile operating costs, you are supportive of giving subsidies to a certain class of consumers, which introduces a market distortion...which is economically inefficient. I am fully supportive of an individual's choice to use an SUV whatever they want, no matter how silly...but only if they pay the full cost of that choice - I don't want to have to bear part of their cost for pollution cleanups and higher medicare expenses.

Honestly, how do you ass clowns get to the mountains, by riding a bike? "Oh no, we carpool in my subie outback." So you are better than the SUV drivers because you only pollute half as much eh? So your shit only stinks half as much? Good job thumbs_up.gif

by your math i reckon the ass clowns are twice as good as the suv drivers? thumbs_up.gif

Honestly, how do you ass clowns get to the mountains, by riding a bike? "Oh no, we carpool in my subie outback." So you are better than the SUV drivers because you only pollute half as much eh? So your shit only stinks half as much? Good job thumbs_up.gif

by your math i reckon the ass clowns are twice as good as the suv drivers? thumbs_up.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif