Scarpa F1

iain

Has anyone been using the Scarpa F1 out there? It looks like it would climb and hike pretty well for an AT boot. Can I use my sabertooth crampons on it? Does it work with diamir bindings with that bellows in the front? How well does it ski? Will I be beaten up on principle with that fluorescent yellow color? Thanks.

scarpa_f1.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a guy who has em. He says they are very comfortable, skin unbelieveably well, are extremely light, and don't climb worth shit compared to a real AT boot. They do fit into Fritschis, but apparently the heel lever interferes with the boot, you have to lock the boot down before you step into the binding. Check the couloir mag forums, there are a few good threads on them.

are extremely light,

That's what I'd thought from all the reviews, until I checked them out in the store. They aren't much lighter than a Laser

Lou's Review confirmed that, Weight: I compared shell weight of same size Scarpa Laser with the F1. The Laser shell is about 1 ounce heavier than the F1. With thermo liner, the Laser is several more ounces heavier due to it's higher and thicker liner.

The quick Skin/Ski changeover looks slick, but I've heard reports of durability problems.

well, it's a racing boot, eh? i've heard it skis pretty well - good lateral stiffness. you could get a stiffer tongue to beef up the performance when you need to. and a custom liner to cut down on the weight a little. the color's hideous but i'd think not to the point that it'd invoke beatings.

well, it's a racing boot, eh? i've heard it skis pretty well - good lateral stiffness. you could get a stiffer tongue to beef up the performance when you need to. and a custom liner to cut down on the weight a little. the color's hideous but i'd think not to the point that it'd invoke beatings.

They COME STOCK with a thermo liner. A thin, light thermo liner. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the start of the Sela Ronda race in the Dolomites this year...9000 ft of rando climbing and descending in the night, 600 entries, $2000 prize, pretty cool event. The green monster was the boot of choice, but if they let them use xc skating boots it I'm sure they would all switch. The skiing was really easy. For tougher skiing, those boots might be a bit floppy.

Get the tourlite 4S if you want a climbing/ski boot. It is basically a plastic with dynafit compatibility. It is a lace up too. I'm sure it walks and climbs better than that thing. As a bonus it doesn't look nearly as stupid as that wanna-be tele boot! hahaha.gifGeek_em8.gif