Looking for a Volkswagon ...

RyanTriplett

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I do not know anyone who still drives a VW. I have known several who swore by them but now drive something else. As one friend put it, "Now I drive a Ford and I spit on my tool box as I walk out the door."

They break down a lot and have no power. Get a Toyota van if you want good mileage. Get something with a 6 cylinder and you will still get 20+ per gallon and the extra power will mean your engine isn't working as hard and will not wear out as fast.

Just my 4 cents.

The key to Vw ownership is definatly to learn to do the work yourself or find a good mechanic, which most claim to be though are not.

VW's are grossley underpowered and though they can achieve freeway speeds it wears on them quite quickly. The westie van's are way overwated with the cabinets being poorly designed and a waste of space. Driving with a full water tank or propane tank reduces engine capacities something like %25.

A little clarification : We are interested in a newer "westy" traveler (not the full camper). At any rate I wasn't really looking for those who want to express their dislikes for Vdubs in general, but was simply attempting to network for the purpose of acquiring possible useful information.