Sad

Peter_Puget

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am continually sickened by the attitudes of many of the posters on this site. Guys like him are what empower some of you choads to spray your pathetic bullshit. This was written as an email by an acquaintance of mine to some more pathetic milksops who chose to criticize a great man for what I'm sure was a very personal and heartfelt decision. I think it speaks volumes.

R.I.P. Ranger Tillman.

Dear Sirs,

I am not a listener to your show, simply because I live in Detroit, but I was, however, made aware of your comment toward Pat Tillman in regards to his decision to join the US Army, and, become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I believe you called him a "Dumbass", and cited the forfeiture of several million dollars and announcing that "Football won't always be there" as a reason he should not enlist.

I ask you, have you ever set foot in Basic Training of any sort? Ever completed a physical and mental challenge so tough you thought you were going to die trying, and not caring if you did, as long as you died doing what you wanted to do? Ever been in the company of men so professional, they knowingly place themselves in danger for you, and automatically expect you to do it for them? Have you ever loved your country so much, that you understood that you would go into battle, fighting America's enemies for Crackheads, thieves, prostitutes, Homeless folks, Bankers, Business men, Executives, Kids, Moms, Dads, etc? If your answer is no, then I not only feel sorry for you, I also feel sorry for your complete ignorance of the Military, and the Rangers in General.

I served 6 years with the 3d Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Ft. Benning Georgia. I can tell you that my tenure in the 75th Ranger Regiment was the most challenging thing I have ever done, and could possibly do since. Rangers have a motto, "Rangers Lead The Way." We have that motto because, like the most professional football team, we LIVE for the playing field. We hone our skills DAILY in hopes to put them to use, and ask only that when our country sends someone, we go first. We endure hardships, a low paycheck, and a schedule that would make a 1st year resident Physician at your local Emergency Room crawl into a little ball and wish he was in construction. We understand that we are not Supermen, and we also know that when the ultimate sacrifice is demanded, it will be provided willingly. America quite simply would not exist if not for men like Pat Tillman, men who are willing to serve it first, and themselves second. We do it because it seems impossible. We do it because we strive for excellence. We do it because we understadn that WE are America's Super Bowl Team.

And we do it for people who call us "Assholes" too.

I hope Pat Tillman and his brother make it. If they endure the hardships of Airborne School, and RIP (Ranger Indoctrination Program - what ALL Rangers must pass in order to be able to wear the Tan Beret of the Rangers, and the Scroll patch denoting their unit) then they are my Brothers. The fact that his love of country supreceedes his love of football speaks volumes for the American Spirit. When Elvis put his career aside to serve his country, he was hailed as a hero. When the professional Baseball players did it during WWII, they were held as examples of selfless service. NOT called Assholes. They understood that their country came first, football/baseball/music second. The people who riducule them are the ones who feel comfortable in their jobs... too comfortable in fact, to get up and do what needs to be done. I won't attack you personally, nor will I question your willingness to serve. You may have... but if so, don't forget the sacrifices YOU made, and applaud our finest for what they are doing. If you have never served in the Military, then I suggest you do what the rest of the ignorant masses do, and buy some books and start reading.

Regards,

SGT. T XXXX XXXXXXXXX

3d Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment

Ft. Benning , Georgia

I do admire this guy. Yes, the war is bullshit. Yes, our president is a worthless pile of dogshit. The fact remains that this guy wanted to join the army rangers. Why? Who knows, maybe to serve with his brother, maybe to serve his country, or maybe just because he thought it would be a really awesome way to spend his life. Does it matter? No, I dont think so. I think it's pretty neat that he did what he wanted to do rather than make millions like he could have. I'm sure a lot of folks thought he was crazy for turning down that sort of money, but I feel exactly the opposite. The crazy man is the one who pushes aside his desires to conform to the materialistic society in which we iive and do nothing more than seek money and goods.

Call him a patriot, or a hero, or whatever you want, but above all he followed his path and not the path society told him to take.

bigdrink.gif to Pat Tillman.

Edited by JoshK