Wild Things Andinista large

Dane

The Wild Things Andinista has been the premier alpine mountaineering pack for over 20 years. The combination of lightweight materials and intelligent design has made the Andinista one of the most sought-after packs on the planet.

Purple with black trim.

New and unused..$250. plus shipping.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have carried one. It rolled around on my back like a turgid sausage. I have been told, however, if you replace the back pad with a folded Thermarest and don't carry any weight it carries just fine. Maybe that was my mistake, trying to carry stuff in it.

It is not the same pack as the earliest Andinistas. They were Cordura and weighed more. They also made a light weight for a while in the late '80s of pack cloth. This one is kinda the heavier version of that pack is my take on it. My postal scale says 3.5#. Looks like a 6 or 7 oz pack cloth body and some heavy duty material more like a really stiff ballistic nylon on the bottom. I haven't taken a close look at the newest version in person. So I can't make that comparison.

Edited by Dane

• 4 weeks later...