More Bush

JGowans

Did anyone see the clip on telly last night of a snickering Bush making crass jokes about the absence of WMD? I thought that was one of the most despicable pieces of shite I've ever seen in my life. Not only was he tacitly acknowledging that there are never likely to be any, but I felt that he was making fun of those that supported him under the pretense of seeking WMD. He and his criminal band of cronies are now laughing at having duped the American people. If this were any other country, he'd either be in jail by now or the U.S. would have removed him from power. Disgusting.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were any other country, he'd either be in jail by now or the U.S.

Go to Italy.

Sorry, too cryptic for me? I don't recall Berlusconi making fun of his citizens during a multi-million dollar fund-raiser.

"Well my fellow titans of business, we really pulled the wool over the commoner. So much so in fact, that I feel we can even take the piss out of them and they still won't get it. Watch this..."

Nope. I don't recall Berlusconi doing that. True, he's a wealthy individual, true he makes gauche remarks on a daily basis. That's where the similarities end though. He has the E.U. keeping him in check lest he ever step too far over the line. Where are the checks and the balances in the U.S. just now? The media has rolled over to the point that it doesn't matter about objectivity. People relate to soundbites not complex investigative journalism. If the media isn't providing these checks and balances, the U.N. has neither the power nor the gumption to chastise the U.S. administration, and the majority of the people are too paralyzed with fear and debt to take a breather and objectively examine the future of this country under the present administration then I am really struggling to see how this gang of looting radicals can be ousted.

"Well my fellow titans of business, we really pulled the wool over the commoner. So much so in fact, that I feel we can even take the piss out of them and they still won't get it. Watch this..."

Nope. I don't recall Berlusconi doing that. True, he's a wealthy individual, true he makes gauche remarks on a daily basis. That's where the similarities end though. He has the E.U. keeping him in check lest he ever step too far over the line. Where are the checks and the balances in the U.S. just now? The media has rolled over to the point that it doesn't matter about objectivity. People relate to soundbites not complex investigative journalism. If the media isn't providing these checks and balances, the U.N. has neither the power nor the gumption to chastise the U.S. administration, and the majority of the people are too paralyzed with fear and debt to take a breather and objectively examine the future of this country under the present administration then I am really struggling to see how this gang of looting radicals can be ousted.

OK, Scottsman. First off, Your little summary about what was really said was totally fabricated on your part... It's possible that you're right. It's also possible you're totally wrong about the meaning of Bush's laugh. It might have been a laugh of embarassment. You're reading your own fears into the sitution. Dude, you must chill. It's not all a government conspiracy.

Second, Checks and Balances??? They are there. They're called the Congress and the Supreme court. They're called freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms. If you don't think these are valid checks and balances, then you don't agree with the constitution of this county...

so are you advocating a fundemental change in our Constitution? A revolution? What are you saying? Or are you just whining? If you're advocating revolution, then you are a fool. wazzup.gif

To get him out of office, he should be voted out of office, or if the Congress finds that he has been derelict in his duties, then he can be impeached.

Scottsman, you need to relax a little, have a bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif and then vote this guy out of office.

You forget that Burlusconi has been arrested 8 times in as many years and not only does the media not erport, but he owns it! How do you think he got his money? Selling girl scout cookies? He just got sentenced to 2 years in jail for bribing a judge, but will not serve any time.

True enough. The point I was trying to make though is that Berlusconi's sphere of power is limited and restrained by entities such as the E.U.

You forget that Burlusconi has been arrested 8 times in as many years and not only does the media not erport, but he owns it! How do you think he got his money? Selling girl scout cookies? He just got sentenced to 2 years in jail for bribing a judge, but will not serve any time.

True enough. The point I was trying to make though is that Berlusconi's sphere of power is limited and restrained by entities such as the E.U.

The fact they we govern ourselves as a people, rather than being governed by some external entitity is GOOD.

The fact they we govern ourselves as a people, rather than being governed by some external entitity is GOOD.

If only this were true....Bush was selected as President by the Supreme Court. Five people. I'd hardly call this self-governance. And the external entities that do govern us are the corporations and special interests that pay to support candidates for election.

OK, Scottsman. First off, Your little summary about what was really said was totally fabricated on your part... It's possible that you're right. It's also possible you're totally wrong about the meaning of Bush's laugh. It might have been a laugh of embarassment. You're reading your own fears into the sitution. Dude, you must chill. It's not all a government conspiracy.

I beg to differ. You're accurate that I do fear this administration. I think I am not alone there though.

Second, Checks and Balances??? They are there. They're called the Congress and the Supreme court. They're called freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms. If you don't think these are valid checks and balances, then you don't agree with the constitution of this county...

At no point did I say that I disagree with the constitution. I'm flummoxed as to how you came to that assertion. Regardless, I think that the checks and balances you cited were ably demonstrated to have been perverted time and again during the Bush tenure. Our "War President" creates inquiries comprised of his allies, he creates a whole new brand of prisoner classification where he can circumvent internationally ratified laws, he stole an election, he seeks to discredit every critic through both legal and covert means, he invades a sovereign nation without any international mandate, and now that he's making fun of the entire situation, you still have the temerity to suggest that there are appropriate checks and balances? Come on? Who are you kidding?

To get him out of office, he should be voted out of office, or if the Congress finds that he has been derelict in his duties, then he can be impeached.

Clinton was impeached for sexual transgressions that led to some minor lies that I'm certain most of us would have done in the same position. Bush has committed far worse acts and yet there is not a sniff of impeachment. I am most definitely confused by that sentiment or lack thereof.

Scottsman, you need to relax a little, have a bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif and then vote this guy out of office.

Indeed, the whole situation will take care of itself. Like an ostrich, I shall just bury my head in the sand / banal sitcoms and wonder WTF is wrong with the rest of the world. Why can't they just chill? GW has got my back and the last episode of Friends is nigh hellno3d.gif

Dude, you must chill. It's not all a government conspiracy.

I beg to differ.

I don't see any point in discussion beyond this disagreement. You say that there is government conspiracy, and I say that I am not a paranoid personality type.

Gowens, what do you intend to do about the situation? Continue to rant on cc.com to change the world?

Cast your vote against Bush like the rest of us, and then move on with your life.

Quite. Adolph Hitler shared the same sentiments in 1936 on.

Are you saying that the US is a despotic tyrannical state set on the annhilation of not the non-aryan races? Dooood! You must chill!

Gowens, what do you intend to do about the situation? Continue to rant on cc.com to change the world?

Cast your vote against Bush like the rest of us, and then move on with your life.

GOWANS CANNOT VOTE!! HE IS NOT A CITIZEN, THUS, HE MUST SIMPLY RANT AND SHAKE HIS FISTS. MEANWHILE, HE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES OF THIS COUNTRY WHICH HE CANNOT FIND IN HIS OWN.

Message to Necro, I mean Mr.Doolittle: it appears you've got some stiff competition for the CC.com Dumbness Award. Gowans is a threat to you. What are you going to do about it?

CHARGE!!!! ridinghorse.gif

what are talking about Klenke? Dumbness? Because I dare question the insanity revealing itself before all of our bloody eyes? You really must elaborate. I'm amused.