Funny Post from Rockclimbing.com

RuMR

This was a funny post from rockclimbing.com land...hahahahaha

Where does "how hard I used to climb" fit in?

It's difficult in two situations: First, when some gumby comes up and sees me thrashing violently on some overrated 5.11a and starts to offer beta, even though I onsighted it back in the day when it was rated 5.9. I wanna wring his scrawny neck and jam a fistful of draws down his throat and tell him goddamn it I usually warm up on this pile in my tennis shoes. Instead, I usually say "Thanks!" and then hit on his girlfriend later.

Second, when some upstart tries to get me to put the draws on his 12b project, because he happened to belay me back in the glory days when I flashed Pretty Hate Machine. I wanna say, "Goddamn you, I still can crank, just not today, because I worked 60 hours a week and haven't climbed in 3 months and goddamnit put your own draws up". Instead, I usually say, "Sure!" and then hit on his girlfriend later.

Please advise.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah it does! that's why i thought it was sooo flicking funny...i sprayed my computer w/ coffee when i read that it hits so close to home...

but...at least i'm trying to stay in the game for the time being at some level (not a respectable one, but hey, who's counting???) yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

oh yeah it does! that's why i thought it was sooo flicking funny...i sprayed my computer w/ coffee when i read that it hits so close to home...

but...at least i'm trying to stay in the game for the time being at some level (not a respectable one, but hey, who's counting???) yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

at least you climbed hard once. I have always sucked and always will cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

hey there! Hard is all relative...i'm still pushing myself on the few chances i get out...just not at the grades i want to...but man, i really try hard when i get the chance...

I absolutely hate driving home not-sore...i want to be throbbing, torn up, pumped, achey and thrashed before the sun goes down...otherwise it was wasted...

hey there! Hard is all relative...i'm still pushing myself on the few chances i get out...just not at the grades i want to...but man, i really try hard when i get the chance...

I absolutely hate driving home not-sore...i want to be throbbing, torn up, pumped, achey and thrashed before the sun goes down...otherwise it was wasted...

ME TOO and I want to have scabs and briuses to last a week or two so I can remember what I have done, or not done (fallen on repeatedly) depending on the weekend fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Y'know, that's kind of inspiring. cry.gif F'real.

Nicely put, lad. We should all be so driven.

bigdrink.gif