It's getting warm...did someone say 'Barbecue'?

Greg_W

We had a smashingly successful barbecue last spring down at Magnuson (sp?)Park. As it's getting warmer, who's up for another? I'd be willing to contribute some beef again this year, but don't have the time to do the planning.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a smashingly successful barbecue last spring down at Magnuson (sp?)Park. As it's getting warmer, who's up for another? I'd be willing to contribute some beef again this year, but don't have the time to do the planning.

how bout some of that elk you shot? laugh.gif

You look rather redneck in that picture Greg, suspenders, short hair, no clogs... Look like you're from Okanogan county or Alaska or something...

As far as the BBQ is concerned, a non PC day would be cool, maybe get some of those peeps who can't come on tuesdays.

I'm not a huge fan of grilled elk, but I can bring some for sure. Grilling game like that is tricky, gotta pull it off before it dries out (not much fat).

I'm not a huge fan of grilled elk, but I can bring some for sure. Grilling game like that is tricky, gotta pull it off before it dries out (not much fat).

marinade marinade marinade oh did I say marinade.

shit greg...i like my meat freaking bloody...no worries about it drying out...

hell, steak from cows? I like the wind knocked out of them and just push em' over on the plate...seriously, overcooking any meat wrecks it....

marinade marinade marinade oh did I say marinade.

Can do, bro. thumbs_up.gif You'll have it.

shit greg...i like my meat freaking bloody...no worries about it drying out...

hell, steak from cows? I like the wind knocked out of them and just push em' over on the plate...seriously, overcooking any meat wrecks it....

me too! i knew rumr wasn't *all* fucked up in the head. evils3d.gif

I got a note from the parks dept, it will now cost $110 to rent the same shelter. If we have it early enough in the year we wont have to worry about reseving it. Maybe we can find a shelter that's ouut of the wind, say Woodland Park. Would be realy nice to have power. Should be planned 2 week ahead.

couple years ago my buddy Mike cooked up a bunch of elk ribs for us from this elk his dad shot. mhhaan were those things good. thumbs_up.gif

great marinade, followed by a couple hours of slow-cookin' in the oven & then onto the grill. turned out pretty damn well. yum.

wouldn't mind trying some elk again this spring...

snaf.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifrockband.gif

couple years ago my buddy Mike cooked up a bunch of elk ribs for us from this elk his dad shot. mhhaan were those things good. thumbs_up.gif

great marinade, followed by a couple hours of slow-cookin' in the oven & then onto the grill. turned out pretty damn well. yum.

wouldn't mind trying some elk again this spring...

snaf.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifrockband.gif

No ribs on this one; I shot her in the Wilderness and we had to pack her out on horseback. Next year I'll shoot one near the road. tongue.gif