Finals bitch thread

layton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true, then shoot me now. I'm looking forward to a job where I can do something interesting, rather than sit and be bored in class

Hope you dig the field your studying, or are passionate about something that you can get paid doing. Regular 9-5 jobs totally blow.

Consider yourself lucky that you're in school. Working full-time sucks.

Believe me, i know. Living off the govt and learning shit w/no boss kicks ass!

Who said anything about pre-med? that shit is over and done with (thank god). this is much worse (harder). i topped out at 28 credits in pre-med. next quarter its 33 fun fact filled credits. 7:30-5:30 m-f baby! rockband.gif

j.t. you are correct. it becomes nothing.

pop quiz #2: T or F

Q: The IX or hypoglossal cranial n joins w/the VII or facial cranial n to form the lesser petrossal nerve which joins w/pre-ganlionic parasympathetics to for the nerve of the petrygoid canal or vidian n. to synapse in the sphenopalatine ganlion and send out visceralmotor fibers to the parotid gland?

Believe me, i know. Living off the govt and learning shit w/no boss kicks ass!

Who said anything about pre-med? that shit is over and done with (thank god). this is much worse (harder). i topped out at 28 credits in pre-med. next quarter its 33 fun fact filled credits. 7:30-5:30 m-f baby!

j.t. you are correct. it becomes nothing.

Q: The IX or hypoglossal cranial n joins w/the VII or facial cranial n to form the lesser petrossal nerve which joins w/pre-ganlionic parasympathetics to for the nerve of the petrygoid canal or vidian n. to synapse in the sphenopalatine ganlion and send out visceralmotor fibers to the parotid gland?

Shit, I haven't got that far in Gross yet, but I'm guessing False because the Otic ganglion deals with the Parotid Gland.

how about: In what tissue can you find simple squamous epi transitioning into Simple Columnar?

My guess to the above is that the particle at t=1 would be in the exact same place. You know, object at rest stays at rest. Walls of infinite potential have nothing to do with it, unless they come in contact with the particle or are giving off some other force that effects the particle, emf or something. Let me know if I am right, I am curious.

In classical physics you would be correct as you applied Newton's law of motion.

However in the realm of QM you are wrong (where one commonly encounters 1 and 3d boxes as well as particles on a ring, etc.

The walls having infinite height is actually important as a particle can never have infinite potential therefore it can not escape the box.

So what happens? The particle (as it is also a wave (wave-particle duality)) goes to infinity at t =1. At t=2, it returns to its original location. So you were a second early.

Pop Quiz:

If my pecker hangs at angle of 14 degrees from center and I stand in front of a urinal that is 27" high, how far away must I stand to ensure that I don't get splashed? Assume that the urinal is half full of water.

To answer this, one would need to know amount of force of urine and whether or not to consider H bonding in the urinal water.

I can tell you that using you 14 degree angle and the assumption that the end of your wang is 36" off the ground, that you can not stand no more than 2.24" from the urinal to actual make it in.

Proof:

180- (14+90) = 76 degree angle of entry

height of right trangle created: 36-27=9" (distance from end of wang to water level).

Using law of sines: sin(90)/x = sin(76)/9"; x = 9.27 inches

A second time yields the soln: sin(76)/9=sin(14)/x; x = 2.24

Trig is easy...

The walls having infinite height is actually important as a particle can never have infinite potential therefore it can not escape the box.

Isn't that circular logic? Doesn't the particle have zero potential inside the box and infinite outside? But really, who cares? cantfocus.gif

I can understand how it seems like circular logic; at times I look at qm and wonder why and like you: who cares? Giving the walls infinite potential is qm way of saying "they are taller than a molecule can travel." I know what you are thinking: make them infinity, but if you made them as tall as infinity the particle could escape and the various solns to the particle in a box would fail. So as a result one difines the walls height in terms of potl (which is related to position in both classical and quantum mech.) and the particle remains trapped.

Why important? A particle in a box is an excellent model for a number of things such as an eletron in a p- and/or s- type semiconductor(s) (such as the one found in ones computer which allows us all to spray away).

The weird thing is that even largish molecules are showing qm behavior (e.g. wave-like rather than particle-like behavior).

I can't remember the size of the molecules used. I think I read this in 'Physics Today' recently. Weird! Waiting for the explanation on *that* one. :-P

damn, that sucks to have to know that. at least in my job if i dont know something i could just look in the NEC Code book for the answers. i am sure that your patients wouldnt be to impressed or happy if you stopped halfway through, took a book off the shelf and went "OK, i get it now."