lesson

sk

I have a theory that a single act of aggression on the freeway tends to escalate the level of overall tension in our world if you respond in kind. The cascading effects are far reaching.

That sounds pretty fucking stupid. But that's my opinion. Do you have documented studies showing these "cascading effects"? If I flip off someone of Arabic descent does that translate to a rise in terrorist acts? Or will OPEC raise their prices? Does cutting off a Chinese immigrant have a direct impact on the trade deficit with Communist China?

Please, dude, I think you overestimate your own personal importance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i am on the freeway passing some semi, and a dude starts tailgating, i slow right down and match speeds with the semi, or even slightly slower evils3d.gif and wave in my mirror
I do that when someone tailgates too grin.gif I creep along and do my little car dance fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif "you can't make me hurry"
this pathetic passive-aggressive behaviour is the reason for those inexplicable traffic jams or accidents. If someone's being an asshole and is tailgating, the best option is to let them by. It does no one any good to have someone completely pissed off driving a large chunk of metal at high speed, desperately and stupidly trying to pass. Emotions should not come into play when driving. What are you going to do, both pull over and brawl over it?

P.S. Canadians are the WORST at this wtf is up with the tailgating yellaf.gif

when i am on the freeway passing some semi, and a dude starts tailgating, i slow right down and match speeds with the semi, or even slightly slower evils3d.gif and wave in my mirror
I do that when someone tailgates too grin.gif I creep along and do my little car dance fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif "you can't make me hurry"
this pathetic passive-aggressive behaviour is the reason for those inexplicable traffic jams or accidents. If someone's being an asshole and is tailgating, the best option is to let them by. It does no one any good to have someone completely pissed off driving a large chunk of metal at high speed, desperately and stupidly trying to pass. Emotions should not come into play when driving. What are you going to do, both pull over and brawl over it?

aparently those people need counseling and to take their pathetic driving less seriously fruit.gif

I know the car is tool not a toy and that we all have to be considerste of eachother on the road.. but why is it passive agressive to wave and smile at someone who obviously is in a bad mood. I am just trying to cheer them up evils3d.gif and help them relax a little.. LIFE IS GOOD grin.gifgrin.gif gotta slow down and smell the roses grin.gif

I know the car is tool not a toy and that we all have to be considerste of eachother on the road.. but why is it passive agressive to wave and smile at someone who obviously is in a bad mood. I am just trying to cheer them up evils3d.gif and help them relax a little.. LIFE IS GOOD grin.gifgrin.gif gotta slow down and smell the roses grin.gif

The wifes Jeep is a toy evils3d.gif or atleast it is when I steal it for the day and go trail ridin...

Here. Let me spell it out for you Greg. If someone cuts you off in traffic and you get all pissed off about it, then you'll probably go to work bent out of shape. Your day will start off like crap then you'll go home and possibly drag your discontent home to the family. Your wife and kids will be affected and so on.

On the other hand, if you do as some of the others have been doing here, just let it slide off your back, then 'no big deal'. Get it?

When I say 'world' I'm talking about the people you come into contact with during the progress of the day. Mmmkay?

The wifes Jeep is a toy evils3d.gif or atleast it is when I steal it for the day and go trail ridin...

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif do you wash it when you bring it home??

deliberately slowing down to aggravate someone puts everyone around that asshole in an unsafe condition. It's really dumb to let ego dictate other peoples' safety. Someone thinks they're cool because they can pass everyone? Cool, let them go on with their little fantasy. I see this all the time with big dodge drivers who think they're the shit because they can pass people on hills while towing and shine their brights through your back window. Yeah, you've got a big ass truck way to go, now please pass me and get out of my life.

im not tailgating you im passing you on the right

in canada we dont have the part of drivers school where they tell you "pull into the left most lane and go as slow as you can" the_finger.gif

Here. Let me spell it out for you Greg. If someone cuts you off in traffic and you get all pissed off about it, then you'll probably go to work bent out of shape. Your day will start off like crap then you'll go home and possibly drag your discontent home to the family. Your wife and kids will be affected and so on.

On the other hand, if you do as some of the others have been doing here, just let it slide off your back, then 'no big deal'. Get it?

When I say 'world' I'm talking about the people you come into contact with during the progress of the day. Mmmkay?

he's a little slow, it's not his fault realy... is there a short bus for globel conciousness?

Whatever, that sounds pathetic. Why would I give some dipshit who can't merge the power to affect me so profoundly? Maybe I keep it in perspective or whatever. But if you go through life allowing these little things to "run" you, that's trouble. People like you make me glad I carry a gun - you're about to go postal right now, I can tell. hellno3d.gif

Hell yeah! then I tell her we took johns jeep and I wash hers because I was think about her all day and wished she was with us... evils3d.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif do you wash it when you bring it home??

in canada we dont have the part of drivers school where they tell you "pull into the left most lane and go as slow as you can" the_finger.gif

yellaf.gif seriously trans-canada 1 is like a nascar race. I'm doing 85mph and there is ALWAYS some dude in a dirty minivan or similar right on my ass trying to get by on corners and stuff.

he's a little slow, it's not his fault realy... is there a short bus for globel conciousness?

post pre-emptively deleted by this user in an effort to avoid reacting to the previous poster's childish outburst.

deliberately slowing down to aggravate someone puts everyone around that asshole in an unsafe condition. It's really dumb to let ego dictate other peoples' safety. Someone thinks they're cool because they can pass everyone? Cool, let them go on with their little fantasy. I see this all the time with big dodge drivers who think they're the shit because they can pass people on hills while towing and shine their brights through your back window. Yeah, you've got a big ass truck way to go, now please pass me and get out of my life.

Hey Iz gots a dodge pickup and I don't do that to you or any one else... well maybe if they're goin like 30 mph on dry pavement...

post pre-emptively deleted by this user in an effort to avoid reacting to the previous poster's childish outburst.

I am not childish tongue.gif

"THINK GLOBELY ACT LOCALY"

Hey Iz gots a dodge pickup and I don't do that to you or any one else... well maybe if they're goin like 30 mph on dry pavement...

YA IAXX whats with all the prejuduce???

yellaf.gif seriously trans-canada 1 is like a nascar race. I'm doing 85mph and there is ALWAYS some dude in a dirty white Subaru or similar right on my ass trying to get by on corners and stuff.

slow fucker the_finger.gif

yellaf.gif seriously trans-canada 1 is like a nascar race. I'm doing 85mph and there is ALWAYS some dude in a dirty white Subaru or similar right on my ass trying to get by on corners and stuff.

slow fucker the_finger.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif