constitutional amendment banning gay marriage?

lummox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says you have to be gay? All that's being talked about is "same-sex" marriages. If two hetero guys are living together, and one wants to get onto the other's dental plan, they can get married. Then they can save on income taxes by transferring unused deductions back and forth, and it's easier to get bank loans, and so on, just like male-female married couples.

How do we like the sound of that?

is that supposed be to an argument against gay marriage? that's pretty weak. you talking about it like it would be a unique problem with same-sex marriages, which it obviously isn't.

"Next time instead of getting married,I'm just gonna find some woman I don't like and give her a house."

-Robin Williams

What I'd like to know is,how does gay marriage threaten hetero marriage? Just because gays would be able to be legally married,how does this threaten the ability of hetero couples to marry or sustain marriage? Seems to me it supports and strengthens the whole idea and institution of marriage,on all levels;social,cultural, ethical,religious,political and civil.The whole uproar over it is just another non-issue non-news pile of absolute crap,news/disinformation designed to distract the public from more serious issues.

hellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gifconfused.gifpitty.gifrolleyes.gif

heres an example of looking like a dumbass when ya use the bible to defend your bigotry.

an open letter to Laura Schlessinger from "Jake":

[Laura Schlessinger recently said that as an observant Orthodox Jew homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned in any circumstances. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a US listener.]

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

a.) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice,

I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I burn it anyway?

b.) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c.) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev.

15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d.) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not to Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e.) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. What should I do since the local authorities refuse to prosecute?

f.) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than >homosexuality. I don't agree, especially since allergic reactions from shellfish can be fatal. Can you settle this?

g.) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h.) Most of my male friends let their hair trimmed,

including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How can I grow it out without looking like an Orthodox Jew? (I'm a devout Christian.)

i.) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean. If I wore gloves while playing

football, would that be okay?

j.) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,

Jake

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif

The amendment will never pass.

I sure hope so. Pretty sad they are trying to add this to a document that is supossed to protect rights not deny them. madgo_ron.gif

This has gotta be troll of the year. fruit.gif

Bush knows it would never pass. Do you think he is some idiot? It has a purpose for the here and now. It's really brilliant, a wedge to drive into the heart of the democratic party. Every pol is going to have to take a stand on this one.

Bush knows it would never pass. Do you think he is some idiot? It has a purpose for the here and now. It's really brilliant, a wedge to drive into the heart of the democratic party. Every pol is going to have to take a stand on this one.

I do think Bush is an idiot. I do think Kerry is an idiot. Brilliant? rolleyes.gif If anything, I think it takes the eyes off issues that actually matter. How is this even an election issue? We haven't learned a damn thing if people are going to vote based on some obscure matter. I pity America. cry.gif

if gays cannot marry does that mean sigfried will have to divorce the injured roy? who will get custody of the tigers??? confused.gif

obviously, the tigers will go live in a foster care home. clearly neither seigried or roy are good parents. can't you see by the way the tiger lashed out that he's in emotional pain from being raised in a homosexual environment?