Why do squirrels hate me?

plexus

Complete and utter animosity!! madgo_ron.gif Little buggers! I remember childhood memories of going to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago as a kid with my family, giving out bread to the squirrels and birds on Christmas morning. And how do they repay me, by trying to knock me off!!! pitty.gif

Seriously this past August while finishing up a five-day trip in the Pasaytan, on the return trip up the M. Fork Pasaytan trail, a squirrel drops a Jurrassic-sized pine cone that misses my noggin by three feet, then the bastard screams at me.

Today, my wife and I climbed a 13er here in CO, had squirrels yelling at me all through the forest. Had one yell, run down his tree, stand two feet in front of my snowshoes, face me and yell some more and then scurry off. WTF??!!! Have the snaf.gif been spreading the word out. I swear, you chase two pikas from your lunch ONCE, and the entire rodent family is after you. It's not like I'm Richard Gere!! evils3d.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete and utter animosity!! madgo_ron.gif Little buggers! I remember childhood memories of going to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago as a kid with my family, giving out bread to the squirrels and birds on Christmas morning. And how do they repay me, by trying to knock me off!!! pitty.gif

Revenge

kerry%20me%20and%20darrell%20squirrel%20hunting.jpg

Funny story:

Once while in college a bunch of us were playing football in an open space bordered on one end by ivy flooring in a landscaped section. Anyway, there was this squirrel we could hear rooting around under the ivy. Couldn't really see him most of the time. Maybe a bushy tail popped over the top of the ivy every now and then.

After a kick off or missed pass or something, the ball bounded into the ivy apparently near where the squirrel was working. This guy Joe went to fish out the ball from the ivy and when he stooped to pick it up, the squirrel, who had apparently had enough of our ruckus, literally leapt out of the ivy maybe 30 inches high and onto the Joe's forehead. The little bugger left a small scratch on his forehead. Funniest thing I had seen in a long time. I don't think Joe thought it was funny though. Scared the shit out of him really.

Maybe the squirrel wanted to play ball, just like this guy: snaf.gif

Squirrels are the lookouts of the forest. Other animals depend on their warnings to clue them in to human intrusion. We have this discussion every hunting season.

Sounds like a great fireside chat. I think the squirrels also heard about what you did to their cousins, the defenseless gerbils, that makes them run at the sound of your footsteps... Geek_em8.gif

Signs someone will join group II:

"Is an adolescent male, Is a loner, Keeps reptiles, Enjoys Beavis and/or Butthead, Is member of National Rifle Association, Bets on cockfights, Loves processed meat products, Listens to Goth music, Is insecure about a small penis."

hey it's Greg_W yellaf.gif

"Is a.... male, Is a loner, Keeps reptiles, Enjoys Beavis and/or Butthead, Is member of National Rifle Association, Bets on cockfights, likes hair producs, Loves processed meat products, Listens to Goth music, is insecure about a small penis, has a lot of wives, votes Republican, just because it's the right thing to do"

hey it's Greg_W yellaf.gif

Funny that I was thinking the same darn thing!