Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets check up on the liar.

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons. "

George W. Bush, President

Speech to UN General Assembly

9/12/2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons. We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have "

Radio Address

10/5/2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

Cincinnati, Ohio Speech

10/7/2002

"And surveillance photos reveal that the regime is rebuilding facilities that it had used to produce chemical and biological weapons."

Cincinnati, Ohio Speech

10/7/2002

"After eleven years during which we have tried containment, sanctions, inspections, even selected military action, the end result is that Saddam Hussein still has chemical and biological weapons and is increasing his capabilities to make more. And he is moving ever closer to developing a nuclear weapon."

Cincinnati, Ohio Speech

10/7/2002

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas"

Cincinnati, Ohio Speech

10/7/2002

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production."

State of the Union Address

1/28/2003

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."

State of the Union Address

1/28/2003

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Radio Address

2/8/2003

"In Iraq, a dictator is building and hiding weapons that could enable him to dominate the Middle East and intimidate the civilized world -- and we will not allow it. "

Speech to the American Enterprise Institute

2/26/2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised. "

Address to the Nation

3/17/2003

"But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."

Interview with TVP Poland

5/30/2003

"You remember when [secretary of State] Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons ...They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two...And we'll find more weapons as time goes on."

Press Briefing

5/30/2003

"We recently found two mobile biological weapons facilities which were capable of producing biological agents. This is the man who spent decades hiding tools of mass murder. He knew the inspectors were looking for them. You know better than me he's got a big country in which to hide them. We're on the look. We'll reveal the truth"

CAMP SAYLIYA, Qatar

6/5/2003

"DIANE SAWYER: But stated as a hard fact, that there were weapons of mass destruction as opposed to the possibility that he could move to acquire those weapons still — PRESIDENT BUSH: So what's the difference?"

Diane Sawyer Interviews President Bush.

12/16/2003

"Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations."

State of the Union Address - 2004

1/20/2004

These lies led America into a war that has cost our nation the lives of American Servicemen and the American hope for a future because of the uncounted Billions cost to the treasury. Billions of dollars he wants our grandchildren to pay.

We cannot afford four more years of this liar's hidden agenda.

The domino theory didn't hold any water back then nor did it hold any water for Central and South America back in the 80's when Ronald Reagan was president. The theory that communism would take root and spread to eventually threaten our very existence was full of holes.

A greater threat to our existence was the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction encouraged by the respective governments of the United States and the Soviet Union.

The idea that Kerry or for that matter, McCain, prevented the continued search and extraction of former POWs is a complete lie. There were opportunists who sought to profit from these operations designed to elicit public money in the name of 'saving' POWs. One of the main instigators of these rumors is the chief profiteer and convicted of assault against one of McCain's aides.

The domino theory didn't hold any water back then nor did it hold any water for Central and South America back in the 80's when Ronald Reagan was president. The theory that communism would take root and spread to eventually threaten our very existence was full of holes.

Agreed, but this is a hindsight 20/20 assessment. Wars are created for power and profit and detractors take the opposite tack in order to further their own aims. It's a yin&yang situation. Kerry claims to represent certain programs that appeal to idealists and Bush presents items that appeal to pragmatists. Just remember that all great civilizations have gone into decline after about a 200 year period. Almost all have been deteriorated from within (infighting) rather than conquered militarily. If putting our hands on the pulse of the 2nd largest oil reserve prevents this than I am all for it. If electing a dove who then wants to give away everything we have been over here accomplishing in the name of democracy then I would have to weep for the spinelessness of my fellow countrymen.

Bush may not be perfect, but he has good people in his corner and a much clearer idea of what we need to maintain our current level of power in the world.

Anyway care to quote your sources on the POW issue?

Agreed, but this is a hindsight 20/20 assessment. Wars are created for power and profit and detractors take the opposite tack in order to further their own aims. It's a yin&yang situation. Kerry claims to represent certain programs that appeal to idealists and Bush presents items that appeal to pragmatists. Just remember that all great civilizations have gone into decline after about a 200 year period. Almost all have been deteriorated from within (infighting) rather than conquered militarily. If putting our hands on the pulse of the 2nd largest oil reserve prevents this than I am all for it. If electing a dove who then wants to give away everything we have been over here accomplishing in the name of democracy then I would have to weep for the spinelessness of my fellow countrymen.

Bush may not be perfect, but he has good people in his corner and a much clearer idea of what we need to maintain our current level of power in the world.

Anyway care to quote your sources on the POW issue?

"Current Power in the world" ??? At whose expence, if not ours?

My point is.. that this is no longer a "local or even national community" It's 2004 not 1884, We live in a "Global Community" Is it right for the U.S. to Sacrifice the lives of it's citizens and the citizens of other countries in this "Global Community" ...Just to insure It's "Current Level Of Power"

Damn, you're forcing me to use my head. And what comes out can only be as good as my assumptions (if I stay on track).

I have reservations about using the isolationist approach to all problems.

No crystal ball here either. There's just no way around this conundrum of making a seamless transition from a hydrocarbon-based economy to that of its successor (or at least I'm not aware of one).

Also, something does not seem right about this hypothetical scenairo of us in the Middle East to control Iraqi oil (2nd largest world reserves). Seems to make perfect sense yet there's something deeply flawed about it.

I don't see how it would be beneficial to the greater community of nations to control the free flow of oil. It doesn't seem to make sense in the greater order of things given a free market of world trade. It seems to make sense to prevent us from being blackmailed as we were during the Arab oil embargo of 1973. I can't foresee this happening again unless we allow the arabs to develop an arsenal of nuclear weapons. But you know, we're the ones that let the genie out of the bottle, so to speak, when we 'shared' nuclear secrets with Israel. Ok, I don't know that for a fact but don't we turn a blind eye to Israel's possession of WMD?

The world's great civilizations have come to their ends by a variety of mechanisms. Only in some cases was this because they failed to project military power abroad. In some cases, it was a case of rot from within where the society became corrupt and complacent. In others, it was a matter of having squandered natural resources, or as a result of changes in climate. For the US at present, I feel our greatest threat is loss of the moral imperative. Our might must be backed up by right or surely we will fail.

The world's great civilizations have come to their ends by a variety of mechanisms. Only in some cases was this because they failed to project military power abroad. In some cases, it was a case of rot from within where the society became corrupt and complacent. In others, it was a matter of having squandered natural resources, or as a result of changes in climate. For the US at present, I feel our greatest threat is loss of the moral imperative. Our might must be backed up by right or surely we will fail.

the dinosaurs died because they couldn't adapt to a cometary impact. the mammals could. it is thanks to this we have janet jackson's tit on national tv. wave.gif

the dinosaurs died because they couldn't adapt to a cometary impact. the mammals could. it is thanks to this we have janet jackson's tit on national tv. wave.gif

and here I thought the dinasours died because the thought the flowers were stinkey wink.gif

Actually, the dinosaurs lived and adapted for about 180 million years, with at least one massive extinction within that time that may have been asteroid-induced (or WMDs - we're still looking). The mammels coexisted with the dinosaurs, to some extent, throughout a large portion of the Mesozoic, but were utterly out-sized and out-competed at that time. The only reason they survived to expand past the K-T boundary event was that they were a bunch of non-specialized scavengers that could live off rotting dino carcasses. And if Jackson's boob is the acme of our evolution, it's time to call down another bolide.

oh, and Bush in 41.2 seconds