ABS emergency

AaronB

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a pair of scissors (how do you spell that?), some carboard or plastic from a milk jug or 2 liter soda, a pencil, and some ducttape, and maybe even some WD40 if you think it would last.

I won't give you more that these clues b/c I don't want to limit your creative genious, but I think you get the jist of it.

I laid out the bones for the ABS plates after the milk jug finally wore off (after 4 years of pretty regular use). I realized after I tore open the package that the new Sabretooth crampons have holes drilled through the rear cleats to accomodate the attachmens screws for the ABS plates. Since I had the older model Sabres I had to drill the holes.

Several hours, two trips to Home Repo and three broken drill bits later I finished drilling those holes.

I'll stick with milk jugs and accessory cord from now on.

I laid out the bones for the ABS plates after the milk jug finally wore off (after 4 years of pretty regular use). I realized after I tore open the package that the new Sabretooth crampons have holes drilled through the rear cleats to accomodate the attachmens screws for the ABS plates. Since I had the older model Sabres I had to drill the holes.

Several hours, two trips to Home Repo and three broken drill bits later I finished drilling those holes.

I'll stick with milk jugs and accessory cord from now on.

Yup,Yup, why didn't you post this YESTERDAY.. but I only had one drill bit break.

I actually just pulled the rear bail out, slapped the plate on, and then re-attatched the bail. I've used them on volcano slogs, ice, mixed, scree, etc and they've stayed put with nothing more than the ends of the bail holding them in place. I considered it a stopgap at the time but it seemed to work so well that I haven't bothered to change it.