kucinich

minx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah....figures. one shot wonder

i'm pretty sure kucinich doesn't blow goats since he's a vegetarian. but that's beside the point.

i've heard him say some interesting things. just wondering if anybody here had done any research on the man.

the guy looks like Spock's cousin with an overdone tooth-whitening project.

That's all I need. This fucker Kucinich is probably the worst thing for America. He looks like a fucking cross between an alien baby and a car salesman with those bright white teeth. Who the fuck is he kidding? He'll fuck everything up.

anyone have any interesting info, thoughts, comments about the man?

This briefly summarizes his platform. I got it in an email a while back. I really like what he stands for, but I don't think he is very electable on a national level. He reminds me of my favorite politician ever, the late Paul Wellstone. thumbs_up.gif

"Congressman Dennis Kucinich supports legalizing gay marriage, repealing the death penalty and the Patriot Act, withdrawing from the World Trade Organization and scrapping the North American Free Trade Agreement, implementing national ranked choice voting and publicly financed political campaigns, ending the occupation of Iraq, creating universal single-payer health care, forming a Department of Peace, cutting the Pentagon budget by 15 percent, legalizing medical marijuana and upholding legalized abortion."

I find most of the "qualified" candidates never win the nomination because they are NOT mainstream thinkers and are outside the box. Looking at history, these type of (world)leaders prove to be the most successful or influetial given a chance. The problem is, most Americans are too fucking stupid to get outside the box. Here's to those who do! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif PLEASE NOTE MY SIGNATURE!!!!

Official site:

http://www.kucinich.us/

not to be confused with

http://www.kucinich.com yelrotflmao.gif

I bet the Kucinich campaign would like to buy that website out...

I read an NYT article about Kucinich a while back and don't remember much except that he had a lot of hippie-esque views and occasionally consulted with a crystal healer in New Mexico or something like that. He is unelectable.... or is he? How the hell did he get elected in Ohio? Not exactly a stronghold of crystal-power-believers.

Kucinich was the Mayor of Cleveland back in the 70's sometime (when he was about 30), when I lived in that part of the world. He was popular because he cared about people. Take a look at his positions on corporations, crime, free trade, etc...he is still a man of the people. Comparable to Nader (whom I voted for in 2000) in many ways, except not as well known and probably even more un-electable.

Too bad, but there are not enough people willing or able to recognize that major change is needed in this country, change that Bush and his fellow republicans will never accede to, and change that even democrats will never admit to.

Face it folks, barring revolution, or some other cataclysm, we're due for 4 more years of Dubya, and as much as it wrankles the bejeesus out of me, it's just what the country will tell us it wants. The common man (and woman) just cannot recognize that Dubya's actions and policies will beat the crap out their future. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

kucinich should get out of the race while he still can. I know absolutely nothing about the man, but if he doesn't have a clue yet that he is not going to win. Something is definitely wrong with him, and I would not want him as the president.

Plus, we have enough ear jokes about our current president, we don't need someone looking like spock going in there and continuing the saga.

kucinich should get out of the race while he still can. I know absolutely nothing about the man, but if he doesn't have a clue yet that he is not going to win. Something is definitely wrong with him, and I would not want him as the president.

Plus, we have enough ear jokes about our current president, we don't need someone looking like spock going in there and continuing the saga.

You know nothing about the guy, but are ready to give him your expert advice about his candidacy? And that advice is based on a physical feature?

Keep 'em coming, Bill Moyers! boxing_smiley.gif

well i spent about an hour of my valuable time listening to Dennis Kucinich last night

i have absolutely no hope that he will be elected president

he is the best of the democratic candidates that i've heard. i do not agree with or support at least one of his platform items. that said, he had a lot of interesting ideas. he had proposals for funding his programs. most importantly, he seemed to have a genuine belief in what he was saying. he's the only one who seemed genuine and sincere in his desire to change things and help people.

many of his ideas are extreme changes from things as usual and unlikely to succeed with in the confines of the entire government. i think it would do this country a world of good to have a president who is idealistic and would focus on achieving those changes. he would probably fail to fully reach those goals but i'd love to see someone make a legit effort to provoke significant change in healthcare, education and trade.

he's not a charismatic speaker. he's probably to unattractive to be president. he's the only candidate that seems genuine at all....maybe it's the bad hair cut and spock ears. confused.gif