Vantage Parking Tickets

chelle

Has anyone ever fought a parking ticket issued when climbing at Vantage?

I got a notice on my windshield a couple months ago, and just got the ticket which is $71. This seems really excessive.

They should put a self registration system at the parking lot so people won't have to waste time and gas driving around to buy a pass.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ehmmic:

Since I don't plan to go to vantage anytime soon, is there a way to buy a pass? Other than in person...

any place you can get a fishing and hunting license....

big5 sports or someplace like that

When you buy a hunting or fishing lin. it comes with them, you can buy just a permit for ten dollars. I got a ticket last year, and went out and got a permit, I wrote the jugde a letter and told him I allways get one but had not yet, but got one after the ticket and he dismissed it. It's worth a try. You just have to write a letter, you do not have to appear in court. Hope it helps, to everone else BUY a permit, pay now or pay latter.

If you buy a Fish and Wildlife Permit, be prepared to give your social security number, and more intrusive personal information for what amounts to a stamp to park at Vantage. A total overkill, and the person behind the counter at K-Mart sporting department will have everything they need for identity theft. Clearly a requirement for process change.

Also, I am getting really fed up with the amenities that we get for the money that they collect for the passes, not to mention the outrageous tickets that they issue.

There is not a self tending solar operated toilet facility, we have to get in that crap booth called the "Honey Bucket" and campers destroy the plants and make their own tracks each time they stay overnight. Campsites that are accessible, that are mildly improved and that are contained with clear demarcations would go a long way to maintain the havoc that our crowding causes.

How does one spur the Fish & Wildlife to give us our money's worth besides paying the enforcement officer to come and write tickets?

Erden.

Jordop, I think you are right about the greater impact of our concert-going friends. But unless you want to see the place set up as a climbers' park, accessible only to those with climbing gear and a permit, paid for by a hefty fee and enforced by cops with guns, you're going to be sharing the campsite with a bunch of rock fans on nights when there is an event at the amphitheater. The "camping" at the venue sucks, and if I was going to a show there, I'd certainly elect to drive down the road to camp at the climbing area.

I believe MCA sends out crews to pick up trash once in a while, and it would be nice if they'd pay for some facilities, too, but then we might have even more rock fans camping in "our" climbing area. Meanwhile, if you care about the mess, you'll contribute to keeping the place as clean as possible.

I think the primary reason Fish and Wildlife do not "give" us much at Frenchmen's Coulee is that we are, as a user group, not very well organized. I've been to several F&W sites where there were very nice facilities, but they've been places used by fisherman and boaters. Those folks have a long history of recreational use that is supported by the government, and they have paid lobbyists.

Maybe as a group we need to get some lobbiest, before the government tells us what we are going to do, maybe we should tell them what we will do. Just a thaught. I have a doller or two to donate to a cause. I just don't want some asshole in washington DC telling me what I can and can't climb and how I aught to do that. THer are alot of climbers. we could make an impact if we could find a way to work together. Perhaps we could solve that other "issue" that I am loath to bring up... [hell no]