The Philosophy of Duh

AlpineK

I've read too many posts where the poster has been thinking way too much for their own good; also I've met a lot of people who think so much they psych themselves out of climbing.

I think we all need to get in touch with our inner idiot.

Ok take a deep breath and exhale slowly while saying Duhh....

One more time Duhh...

Their are so many ways you can use this simple philosophy in your life.

Duh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:

I've read too many posts where the poster has been thinking way too much for their own good; also I've met a lot of people who think so much they psych themselves out of climbing....

On the other hand there are folks like me who just say DUH and go tearing off up the mountain instead of thinking about the potential or likely consequenses of taking a whipper, am I going to get avalached on, do I have enouogh pro (or too much)etc etc.

Grasshopper must learn to think before climby.

oh well, ignorance is bliss [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

quote:

I've read too many posts where the poster has been thinking way too much for their own good; also I've met a lot of people who think so much they psych themselves out of climbing....

On the other hand there are folks like me who just say DUH and go tearing off up the mountain instead of thinking about the potential or likely consequenses of taking a whipper, am I going to get avalached on, do I have enouogh pro (or too much)etc etc.

Grasshopper must learn to think before climby.

oh well, ignorance is bliss
[smile]
I don't mean you shouldn't have information and knowledge, but there comes a time when you have to stop thinking and just say duh.

Duh

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

quote:

I don't mean you shouldn't have information and knowledge, but there comes a time when you have to stop thinking and just say duh.

Duh

Ganga works; sometimes a little too well.

I thought cc.com was the purpose of stop thinking (about workage anyways). [big Grin]