Starting The New Year Right TR.

Dave_Schuldt

While you loosers were sleeping it off we left town at 7 and headed to Yodelin for some backcountry turns. Great snow with more coming down all day. Evan the tracked out stuff was awsome. Some of the best snow I've ever skied. My parents offered to fly me down to Florida, they live there, for the week between Xmass and New Years. I am sooooo glad I didn't go!!!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there too with five friends of mine, second trip to Yodelin in a week...great snow and nice and stable in the trees, the columns I isolated and tap tested just blew apart into a big powder cloud...slabs not much of an issue in the old growth trees. Dave- if your group was the one who set the skin track up, thanks! I had to put it in when I was up there sunday, and it was nice to cruise up pre-established skin track yesterday.

We went to that destination resort Summit Central! After finding out that the rope-tow ticket was not going to keep anybody happy (even my daughter who had never put skis on before) we took the big cash plunge and "upgraded" to real lift tix. The end of the day my daughter was linking "pizza" turns, and my son who just started last year was cruising down that flatty blue square up there. I see good things to come! thumbs_up.gifgrin.gif

Spent the day at Baker with a few inches of fresh. The next day we skinned up Table Mountain and Hermen(?) and got in a couple of runs on the rented split board. The first run was the best of my life and I'm not hooked on the split board.

The next day Baker got 8" of fresh and we lifted it from 9 - 3 hitting stash upon stash of fresh. I LOVE THAT MOUNTAIN.