favorite old school video games

Lambone

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you must have cracked your back today in the new leather office chair, caught an odd glimpse of sunshine thru the bosses blinds and had a quick coco puff/thc flash back....ahh the things that make corporate life good!

welcome friend! and you can have my desk! i am done with it!

bigdrink.gif

GALAGA baby! Best game ever made. All time fave.

Centipede was cool, Tempest was fun. But nothing could touch Galaga. the original Mortal Combat, Punch Out was fun and this other game I forget the name of where you could play as team of 2 and were basically just kickin ass in street fights..might have even been called street fighter. You could kick someone's ass and take their weapon...a chain was one of them I remember.

willstrickland said:

this other game I forget the name of where you could play as team of 2 and were basically just kickin ass in street fights..might have even been called street fighter. You could kick someone's ass and take their weapon...a chain was one of them I remember.

DOUBLE DRAGON

wasn't it up up down down left right left right ba ba start?

Nofriendo: METRIOD

Atari 2600: Kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intellivision: B52 bomber

Apple IIc: Apple Cider Spider!

IBM XT: Leisure Suit Larry!

Arcade: 2 player mario bros (original)-you could totally fuck the other player with the POW thingy.

WORST GAME EVER: that arcade game that looked like a cartoon movie, and it cost like 2 fucking dollars, and you actually couldn't controll the action and you die instantly

michael_layton said:

wasn't it up up down down left right left right ba ba start?

I don't remember but it worked on about 20 different games. Most of those games sucked if you didn't use the code.

Nintendo classics (used to play this shit totally high on a HUGE bowl of Frosted Flakes on Sat mornings):

Super Mario Bros of course

Mach Rider

Legend of Zelda

Kid Icarus

Contra

one of those mega man games

paperboy

michael_layton said:

WORST GAME EVER: that arcade game that looked like a cartoon movie, and it cost like 2 fucking dollars, and you actually couldn't controll the action and you die instantly

YEAH!!! Was based on some Disney flick that had just come out or something, this young medieval prince guy with a sword, you couldn't control shit in that game. madgo_ron.gif

willstrickland said:

michael_layton said:

YEAH!!! Was based on some Disney flick that had just come out or something, this young medieval prince guy with a sword, you couldn't control shit in that game. madgo_ron.gif

Yeah! That's the one. Fuck that game. Fuck it in the ass. madgo_ron.gifsmileysex5.gif

No, that's not it. This was like watching a cartoon movie. I think it was called something like "Dragon Quest" or Johnny somthing....?

"I want my two dollars!"

Actually, my favorite games were the text based games where you had to type things like "Go North" or "Pick up Torch." You had to use your imagination.

Yeah, it WAS Dragon Quest...fuckin bullshit is what they should have called it!

Kung Fu was cool. I remember playing some weird game on the apple IIE where you were wandering around Hitler's bunker it was like a primitive version of Doom and if you got far enough you could see Hitler, but we never figured out how to get in there and wax his ass. confused.gif

"Contrary to popular belief, both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace did contain diagonal movements. In some cases, these movements were simply the combination of two acceptable moves, while in other cases the diagonal move was distinct (for example, during the whirlpool segment, moving to the right or left is acceptable, moving diagonal up-right or up-left is acceptable, but simply moving up results in death). In all cases, the diagonal moves were optional, and there was always a 4-way alternative. The '91 re-release of Space Ace contained some diagonal moves that were required."

Shit, if I only knew that back then.

iain said:

wolfenstein

another IIe game was karateka where you had to play for fricken ever and when you beat the last guy after like 4 hours you rescued this princess but if you didn't press some bow key she kicked your ass and you had to start over. bitch.

CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN!

Holy shit what a flashback!

Achtung! Halt! .... POW!

Football and baseball on the old Nintendo..circa early 90's. Nightly ritual during the week at CWU....go to library, stop and get Foster's on the way home, get home get baked, play Nintendo w/ whatever roommates were home while drinking an oil can, watch Letterman, go to bed. I miss those days!

Edited by Wopper