What happened to Jagged Edge?

cj001f

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibex, Filson, and the Austrian/Swiss/German surplus winter gear at Army-Navy stores across the great nation, none are made in China. Patagucci is probably made overseas in the third world but the people are likely well trained and compensated so if you want to be stylish, go there. Mountain Hardware has been the biggest letdown for me thumbs_down.gif Good to know Arc Teryx is not made there. But where is it made? I do like their stuff so far.

Billygoat said:

Ibex, Filson, and the Austrian/Swiss/German surplus winter gear at Army-Navy stores across the great nation, none are made in China. Patagucci is probably made overseas in the third world but the people are likely well trained and compensated so if you want to be stylish, go there. Mountain Hardware has been the biggest letdown for me thumbs_down.gif Good to know Arc Teryx is not made there. But where is it made? I do like their stuff so far.

canada?

i really dont know billy...tho my one instance with their customer service was less then stellar...they had quite "cool dude" attitude. but with enough "american asshole attitude" i got the service i needed. so who knows maybe they do have tortured children in basements....?

i dont do arcteryx anymore!

Billygoat said:

Ibex

The Ibex Icefall is made in China. I don't particularly consider Filson stuff performance wear, though it is nice.

Icebreaker (Cool Softshell/Long Underwear stuff) is made in New Zealand.

Last I heard Jagged Edge moved to Moab, then declared bankruptcy - but still had plans to make gear. Who knows.

from hooversonline.com:

Jagged Edge Mountain Gear makes apparel for outdoor activities, including hiking, climbing, and biking, which is sold through its handful of retail stores in Colorado and Utah and on e-tailing site Overstock.com. Jagged Edge filed for bankruptcy in mid 2002 and in January 2003 Russell Corporation acquired the Jagged Edge trademark from the company.

I bought a JE down jacket from REI three years ago, and have really liked it. It was make in China, though, so they've been doing it at least that long.

with arcteryx being bought out, who knows where the stuff is made. probably farm out the work to the prisoners on the moon colony.

as for patagonia, they have my business for great clothes and fairly responsible practices. And the gave Meadows the finger when Meadows bitched about them supporting Free Cooper Spur.

I really don’t know what the big deal with Arc’teryx their staff it is good as any out there but their costumer service is WORST then most I like Cloudveil with their semi sane prices and the TNF b/c no one think they “Fashionable”, “Climber build´ and “Really bad quality” clothing (what a horse shit) all contributing to a lower price for top of the line product (ehh…fashion…trend) also low alpine is great their product is just bomber although a little heavier

So the way I see it Arc’teryx is an OK product line for the masochist clientele

HCL.gif

cracked said:

Arc'teryx has the look and fit of a tux,

Depends on your shape now, doesn't it?

The Theta pant/bibs are awesome for winter climbing/skiing - not full bib height so you overheat, but not lowcut enough you get snow down the back. And they fit me perfect.

Cloudveil does make great stuff - and are nice to deal with.

cj001f said:

Depends on your shape now, doesn't it?

it is all about the fit

LINDA EVANGELISTA looking great in Moschino dress,… right…how would u think that Rosanne Barr would look in the same dress....OUHHHH...but we all like designers...and some think by wearing Moschino they will look like Linda cantfocus.gif