T-minus ...

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Four days 'til the new PRG is open for tuggin'.

Passed by today and they've got tons of holds up in the beginner area already. Goodbye, overcrowded chalkdust-inhalation factory, hello new terrain and plenty of sickness to go 'round.

rockband.gif

They're having an open house on Saturday for all of us who helped in the construction. I'm gonna go and flash all the routes and leave my grimy prints all over the new holds before DFA gets a chance to even look at em.

here's moon.gif to ya DFA!!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

b-rock said:

thumbs_up.gif Sweet, a beginner area thumbs_up.gif

It's pretty good-sized, too; looks like about half the roped climbing area is beginner/intermediate terrain (no idea what the rest looks like, although rumour has it it's STEEP). They put in three crack routes, too, which do more than just go straight up.

Yes. The cracks also go straight down! Ingenious. Hey DFA, where the hell were ya last night.

sketchfest said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Four days 'til the new PRG is open for tuggin'.

Passed by today and they've got tons of holds up in the beginner area already. Goodbye, overcrowded chalkdust-inhalation factory, hello new terrain and plenty of sickness to go 'round.

rockband.gif

They're having an open house on Saturday for all of us who helped in the construction. I'm gonna go and flash all the routes and leave my grimy prints all over the new holds before DFA gets a chance to even look at em.

here's moon.gif to ya DFA!!

dont forget to eat cheetos first. evils3d.gifyellaf.gif

I stopped by yesterday to sign the kids up for the beginner lessons (had a two for one coupon from the Chinook Book). Is it just me or does the new space seem not too much bigger than the old? I didn't see the bouldering section...but the studio seemed puny. All just a quick look tho'

Well, neither WFAs or WFRs are certified for stiching.

The class doubled as a WFR recertification (about half the class was there recerting) and I was quite suprised at the ineptitude and lack of knowledge for most of these folks. Isn't WFR like an 80 hour class?

Anyways, props to WMI, t'was a little pricey but the class and the instructors rocked, thanks to whoever here recomended them.

b-rock said:

Well, neither WFAs or WFRs are certified for stiching.

The class doubled as a WFR recertification (about half the class was there recerting) and I was quite suprised at the ineptitude and lack of knowledge for most of these folks. Isn't WFR like an 80 hour class?

Anyways, props to WMI, t'was a little pricey but the class and the instructors rocked, thanks to whoever here recomended them.

Speaking from experience, if you don't use it you lose it. I can appreciate how someone who doesn't practice wilderness medicine (or any emergency medicine) would lose their skills in a years time. After I stopped working as an EMT my skills evaporated.