allthumbs

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

I'm not overly smitten with IE6 or Netscape. What about Opera's browser? Or Mozilla? Who do you rocket scientists recommend either of those browsers?

IE6 and Netscape suck. I use AvantBrowser.. It is just an add-on to IE, but it is a million times better and it is free. Opera costs money...

rr666 said:

trask said:

I'm not overly smitten with IE6 or Netscape. What about Opera's browser? Or Mozilla? Who do you rocket scientists recommend either of those browsers?

IE6 and Netscape suck. I use AvantBrowser.. It is just an add-on to IE, but it is a million times better and it is free. Opera costs money...

Opera only costs money if you want to eliminate the little ad window in the upper right corner. Not worth the $$$ to do so, since the ads just sit there and don't intrude, and the free version of the browser has the same full functionality as the paid one.

I'm a big fan. Lots of nice browsing features, especially the tabbed windows.

Here's some good reasons to switch

Opera is pretty cool. Fast, and works on 99% of sites. But I'm sure you only care about cc.com. And yes it works here. The free version has a single window in the upper right that shows little banner ads. Its not intrusive at all, and you can block popups. Its likned into google so the ads depend on what page you are reading. I get all kinds of climbing gear adds on cc.com. This little feature is pretty funny somtimes. While reading about the CA fires I'd get little ads like "Sell your SanDiego real estate".

Is a nice little app.

"Opera is pretty cool"

"nice little app"

Fuck That Noise, OPERA FREAKIN' ROCKS!!! I would pay to use it now that I am hooked. But yes you can use the ad supported version, I do, and I never notice the ads. PM me if you have any troubles with it.

I don't even remeber what a popup is, and there is a google search bar on my screen all the time.

Love the nickname feature for the Bookmarks too. Multiple pages are the ticket for power spray sessions too.

And fast? hell yeah. cool.gif Let me know if you try it, and I will tell you the ticket to speeding it up even more, couple settings that need to be changed.