Washington Ice Slide Shows

Jason_Martin

Alex and I are in the process of putting together a few slide shows to display some of those pictures that didn't quite fit into the Washington Ice guidebook. Currently I am slated to present two slide shows.

The first will be in Everett and will be presented at the Cascade Crags indoor ice climbing clinic and festival at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 1st.

The second show, which will take place in Bellingham, will be presented at Western Washington University in Viking Union Room 552 on Sunday, November 2nd at 7:30 in the evening. This second show will be sponsored by Fairhaven Bike and Mountain Sports, Western Washington University's Outdoor Center and the American Alpine Institute. Books will be on sale at the show and I will be available to sign them both before and after the show.

Alex will also be presenting some slide shows in the near future. Once they have been scheduled, we will let you all know.

Jason

Edited by jon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geordie said:

I'm sure Alpine Experience in O-town would have you.

Bigwave, J-woo - make it happen..

We would be stoked to have you guys come down to Olympia. The buzz from the new book is building. Should I contact you directly or go through Mountaineers books? PM me and let me know what's up. Love the guide guys. Jwoo and I checked out the approaches to Strobach yesterday (even though we probably should have been climbing on Goose Egg, beaty of a day.) Let it freeze, Let it freeze, Let it freeze!!! fruit.gif

Jason_Martin said:

The second show, which will take place in Bellingham, will be presented at Fairhaven Bike and Mountain Sports on Sunday, November 2nd at 7:00 in the evening. This second show will be sponsored by Fairhaven Bike and Mountain Sports and the American Alpine Institute.

Note that the venue has been changed for the show on November 2nd. This show will take place at Western Washington University at 7:30 instead of at Fairhaven Bike and Mountain Sports at 7:00. Keep checking here and I will post the exact building in the next few days.

Jason

i am still waiting to hear when the tacoma show is?

tacoma has the best gear store in the state and some of the best climers ever to come out of the state are from tacoma?

not to be a pest, but i think it is rediculous to avoid tacoma and go to olympia and portland.

i can even help orgainze the venue........(not the mounties office)

Erik,

We will do one in Tacoma. I'm only going to be in town for a couple of days for these first two shows, but I will be back in mid-december and maybe we can put something together then.

We intend to do a lot of shows over the next couple months... But these first two are the only ones that are currently slated. Rest assured there will be more.

Jason

Jason_Martin said:

Erik,

We will do one in Tacoma. I'm only going to be in town for a couple of days for these first two shows, but I will be back in mid-december and maybe we can put something together then.

We intend to do a lot of shows over the next couple months... But these first two are the only ones that are currently slated. Rest assured there will be more.

Jason

thanks jason but at that time i wont live in tacoma anymore...

oh well....