mp3 player recommendations?

ChrisT

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a RioRiot (20 GB mp3 player) for $135 a few months ago. It's USB 1.0 (so in other words, slow to transfer music), but once you get your mp3's on, it doesn't matter. The place I got mine from (http://www.compgeeks.com) doesn't have them anymore, but you might be able to find one elsewhere.

It's no iPod though... cry.gif Now that iTunes is available for windows, the iPod is the coolest thing EVER.

ChrisT said:

so is there any chance of picking up the old 5G iPods for cheap?

Apple used to have refurb'ed 10gb iPod's for $169 - they may come back soon. They also had the 10/20/30gbs for sale. Check out the outlet section at the apple website.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72304/wo/Xq4r2gihxFFA383oXRl1vhMGqhX/0.0.7.1.0.5.13.0.3.0.0.0.0.3.1.1.0?49,61

ChrisT said:

Need a Mac compatable/firewire player for around $100. NOT an iPod (too expensive right now). So what's good and cheap?

firewire vs. USB=hare vs. tortoise. Creative Labs and Archos have firewire mp3 players but they are way bulky. More digital jukeboxes than highly portable players. iPod is the smallest with Firewire. I'd hunt for a used version of the newer iPods as they are a bit smaller than the original version. If ya find 2 for a decent price lemme know. wave.gif

Wrong. USB2 is plenty quick. unfortunately not many players implement USB transfers very quickly. Unless you can find one very cheap, stay away from iPods unless you like paying a lot for a name.

Man, I really want one of the new nomad 60gb players...that is pretty sweet!

Personally i would recommend a sony MiniDisc player, I have one that has an interface to download mp3's or regular songs and will provide up to 3 hours of music... USB interface to Optical input on the MiniDisc. Plus you can cary a few discs with more music!!! Just my opinion, they are cheap at best buy or costco.