What is best anti-pop up s/w?

klenke

Okay, so I'm thinking I'll reload Windows on my computer to clean up a lot of mess that's going on. I think I'll acquire some anti-pop up software while doing this. So my question is which anti-pop up softwares are best? I'd like to download a free version if possible but am not against shelling out a bit of money if need be. These damn pop ups are really starting to get intrusive. I mean, they were always intrusive, but now they're really getting bad. Ugh!

Thanks - Paul

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The browsers won't fight each other, but what you may find is things don't look as good in mozilla as IE because dumbasses wrote their websites to cater only to IE.

I'm a linux freak, and in general I dislike M$, but I use IE as my browser in Windows because it works the best.

Google may have some anti-popup stuff....

Mozilla has built-in ability to disable popups, as well as the ability to block images from a given address. You see an ad, you right-click on it, select "Block Images from this Server", and no more ads. Just make sure that the same address isn't serving useful images for the site. I want something like that for Flash ads, too.

I rarely run into websites that are useless because they're written for IE, but it does happen. hellno3d.gif