F!@#king spyware!

hakioawa

All you geeks. I downloaded a CD ripper a few weeks ago. It installed a TON of random spyware crap. I got rid of most of it. But now it seems to have taken over Internet Explorer or my TCP/IP-DNS stack. Randomly when clicking on a like I get redirected to all sored of web paeges I didn't ask for. Like "superpages.com". Its taken over and I can't get rid of it!!!!!!

Any ideas??

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scot'teryx said:

delete everythig in your registry evils3d.gif

Don't mess with your registry unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Try this instead.

Hit 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' to bring up Task Manager. Note the running processes, write these down or something. Now, go on to this site: task list programs

Go through the Task List Programs to see which ones are legitimate and which ones appear to be malware. This may take some time but will cure your problem.

BTW, there are some zeroday viruses out there that affect MS IE because patches have not yet been developed by MS Security. In that case, if you know what you are doing, you can go to site called Hacktivismo and do a search for remedies that involve modifying your registries. Use caution whem modifying your registries.

Ratboy said:

Try SpyBot. I've found it catches a lot of things Ad-Aware doesn't.

Also take a look at SpywareBlaster. Here SpywareBlaster by JavaCool

More info here Wilders.org security

'Course you'll have to check for updates every so often whether you use LavaSoft Ad Aware, Spybot-Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster, or any combination thereof.