Treason in the Bush Administration

catbirdseat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter calm down. I merely responded to the previous references of Clinton. By the way I think I did provide the best links to summarize the situation.

Now what is interesting is the left is now relying on the CIA which has never in its known history misrepresented the truth for its own political agenda, could not be lying, whereas Novak, who is a Republican, is obviously lying scum! I just marvel at the way things work out.

Oh and like he's going to give up his source. They leaked it to this reporter because they knew what he would do with the information. Its obvious intentiona was to intimidate.

The Bushies are the worst administration I've seen. At least Bush I had some worldly experience. Bushie II is a dolt and is not sophisitated enough to handle the neo-cons he takes orders from. And this - leaking an agent's name? And they impeached Clinton for lying about a blow job? The mind reels.

Peter_Puget said:

Now what is interesting is the left is now relying on the CIA which has never in its known history misrepresented the truth for its own political agenda, could not be lying, whereas Novak, who is a Republican, is obviously lying scum! I just marvel at the way things work out.

Good Point, Mr. P. The cynic could counter that the CIA may be more reliable in this instance precisely BECAUSE we know they always lie in support of secrecy and in support of the powers that be who want to manipulate world affairs for American money interests, so if they are countering something from the Bush administration it MUST be true, but that argument actually makes your point rather than contradicts it. Many of those in the mainstream anti-Bush movement are probably just as narrow-minded and petty in their approach to these matters as the people they seek to dethrone (and it is in my view rather mainstream and not some extreme leftist agenda as some here would have us think).

Mattp - I would add that even if I was to accept your "money interest" theory at a certain time an organization such as the CIA or the State Dept will at some point will hold its own interests and existence above all else. This self presevervation behavior will occur even to the extent that its actions are contrary to the established mission of the organization.

PP bigdrink.gif

story.novak.jpg

from cnn.com:

'"Nobody in the Bush administration called me to leak this," Novak said on CNN's "Crossfire," of which he is a co-host. "There is no great crime here."

but 'Novak said Monday that he was working on the column when a senior administration official told him the CIA asked Wilson to go to Niger in early 2002 at the suggestion of his wife, whom the source described as "a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction."

'Another senior administration official gave him the same information, Novak said, and the CIA confirmed her involvement in her husband's mission.'

'"[The CIA] asked me not to use her name, but never indicated it would endanger her or anybody else." Novak said.'

'The Washington Post quoted a "senior administration official" in a story Sunday as saying that two top White House officials disclosed the identity of Wilson's wife in calls to at least six Washington journalists. Novak was the only recipient of the information who published it, the Post reported.'

thick as a brick? or just a dick?

Exactly, Peter. We could make all kind of arguments and speculate and whatever, and who knows - maybe this will turn into a big scandal - but Winter is right, I think, to view this as just a minor matter in the larger context of what is going on and it is a matter that can be spun lots of different ways. Whether you agree with Winter or not about the import of Bush's lie about why we went to war, this argument over Bush Admin tactics may turn out to be quite significant but it is just as likely to turn out to be little more than a distraction.

My own sense is that it will probably be forgotten by the election. Even if a culprit is found in the administration he/she will be cast off and the casting away will be another example of the "ethics" of the current administration. Since the story is in fact quite old a real cynic could think that the administration is coordinating the whole thing right now in order to get it out of the way if it spins out of control!

There is nothing minor about this. The CIA has had to pull all of it's field agents and assets involved with this person, because first they will do no good now and also because their lives are at risk. In the intelligence business most of the work is just getting your foot in the door, it takes years to start making contacts and working them and developing assets and their trust.

Peter_Puget said:

Jon - When did you get your info. Do you think that the wife of a US government employee would not be considered a suspiscious contact in the regions involved in WMD? Heck anywhere for that matter.

Langley sent it to me last night, to my cell phone, encryted in a picture of Britney Spears, and then my phone blew up. I'm sure Verizon is getting sick of replacing my phones.

This is the assumption I am making. I don't consider the wife to be suspicious. It would be suspicious if she was digging around in the dirt with her high heels on at some compound. Her job most likely was managing assets and handling the data through the embassy. Where the problem arises is that people are going to be suspicious as hell now, whether they know who she had contact with or not. The problem is, it's almost more problematic to pull your people because then the enemy knows who was compromised.

What ever the case may be, the Bush people really fucked up. Maybe it was a warning shot not to mess with the administration, but the are stupid to think they are in control.

Peter_Puget said:

scrambler said:

Hmmm....Nigeria?

?

Seems a lot is going on in Nigeria (Niger). We really don't have a good grasp of what's happening in the world with regard to future trends.

Provisions under the Patriot Act allow federal agents to subpoena journalist’s notes and effectively breach journalistic confidentially.

Light speed, baby!!!!!! Ahhahahahaha!!!