The Daily Rollins

scrambler

"I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul."

"The ones who don't do anything are always the ones who try to put you down." --Henry Rollins

I admire this person's abilities--musician, thinker, writer. Too bad he didn't start rock climbing, he'd make a kick-ass climber.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scrambler said:

"I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul."

"The ones who don't do anything are always the ones who try to put you down." --Henry Rollins

I admire this person's abilities--musician, thinker, writer. Too bad he didn't start rock climbing, he'd make a kick-ass climber.

I LOVE HIM thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif he is more intense than I am, has a great sense of humor and never apologises for who he is.

lummox

n : an awkward stupid person

synonyms for lummox:

baboon, beast, birdbrain, birdie, blockhead, blunderbuss, blunderer, bonehead, boob, booby, bruiser, bull, chump, clod, clown, dodo, dolt, dum head, dumb ox, dumbo, dumdum, dummy, dunce, fathead, fool, galoot, goof, goon, halfwit, idiot, imbecile, klutz, lamebrain, loser, lout, lubber, lunkhead, meathead, missing link, moron, nincompoop, numbnuts, ox, palooka, sap, simpleton, slob, slouch

Dude, you got to be an avatar for someone's alterego. You can't be for real.

bunglehead said:

Hmm...I guess nobody posting on this thread is old enough/unfortunate enough to recall that idiotic David Lee Roth video in which it showed him "climbing" in Yosemite....

fukin none other than stevie vai was the guitarist on that album. rockband.gif what some people will do for money amazes me.

david lee roth. what a fukin poseur. pitty.gif but i dug his midget side kick whod come out with the whiskey when he sang for van halen. that little fuker on mtv jackass just following someone elses lead. and that reminds me: i havent thrown a midget at a bar for a loong time. wazzup.gif

lummox said:

bunglehead said:

Hmm...I guess nobody posting on this thread is old enough/unfortunate enough to recall that idiotic David Lee Roth video in which it showed him "climbing" in Yosemite....

fukin none other than stevie vai was the guitarist on that album. rockband.gif what some people will do for money amazes me.

david lee roth. what a fukin poseur. pitty.gif but i dug his midget side kick whod come out with the whiskey when he sang for van halen. that little fuker on mtv jackass just following someone elses lead. and that reminds me: i havent thrown a midget at a bar for a loong time. wazzup.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifbigdrink.gif

scrambler said:

Lummox, I speak the truth. I'm not poking fun at you. I don't even know you. But why would you deliberately choose a name that means 'dumbshit' and not expect someone to call you on it?

youre as sharp as a bowling ball.

wit a name like 'lummox' aint no one havin high expectations for clever comments. capeesh ya fukin idiot?

lummox said:

scrambler said:

Lummox, I speak the truth. I'm not poking fun at you. I don't even know you. But why would you deliberately choose a name that means 'dumbshit' and not expect someone to call you on it?

youre as sharp as a bowling ball.

wit a name like 'lummox' aint no one havin high expectations for clever comments. capeesh ya fukin idiot?

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

scrambler said:

I read this exact passage last night in Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer. hellno3d.gif

scrambler said:

You're as thick as a lead barrel. You really think that Lummox isn't an avatar? You think that 'Sphinx' is a person who is just as annoying in real life as I am here? Think again, buddy. rolleyes.gif

Sphinx said:

scrambler said:

You're as thick as a lead barrel. You really think that Lummox isn't an avatar? You think that 'Sphinx' is a person who is just as annoying in real life as I am here? Think again, buddy. rolleyes.gif

SURE but WHO???

rollins since he left black flag has declined significantly. also the dude isscared of vancouver cause nardwuar might try to interview him or something. also he was in johnny mnemnonic but couldnt act. but the title "see a grown man cry -now watch him die" is OK i guess. smirk.gif

I read this exact passage last night in Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer.

Yeah, Rollins may have been quoting Henry Miller. Have you heard his bit, 'Maturity' from 'A Rollins in the Wry'? I think he mentions a quote from Henry Miller and some lyrics from the Afghan Whigs.

Have you heard that plagarism is the highest form of praise, not that Rollins does it, he attributes the source.

You're as thick as a lead barrel. You really think that Lummox isn't an avatar? You think that 'Sphinx' is a person who is just as annoying in real life as I am here? Think again, buddy.

Sphinx, go back to class and learn how to read. Then, go out in the real world and learn how to think. You're as dense as a lead weight.

I saw The Rollins Band in PDX back when Tool was the unknown opening act. We arrived early during daylight hours to find the place, and the tour bus was parked in front of the venue. Henry Rollins was hanging out on the sidewalk talking to people -- hadn't seen anything like that before, and haven't seen it since. thumbs_up.gif