the Devil made me do it

allthumbs

To me the 'devil' is simply negativity. Negativity which includes hatred, despair, hopelessness, apathy, chosen ignorance, injustice, greed and all other forms of wickedness. Anyone who is filled with negativity and is 'evil' can be saved from this terrible affliction through metanoia (change of heart). To me someone who labels themselves a 'satanist' and in fact lives a positive and peaceful life is in fact a Christian, because they are living the path that Jesus wanted them to follow. Likewise a 'Christian' who lives a negative life of hatred and evil is in fact a satanist. I consider evil doers like Bill and Hillary to be apostates and antiChrists.

What do you schmos think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do what thou will."

"Follow your bliss."

Complex subject matter. There's a hell of lot of different connotations associated with the Devil, makes it difficult to discuss. Just like there's a lot of different names for the Joker, each one carries a different set of meanings. Diablo, Satan, Lucifer, or just plain, Chaos. Me, with my secular beliefs, see this entity as a personification of the principle of independence often at odds with the authority figures. Like Prometheus. Stole the fire from the gods. The snake innagoddavida coaxed the woman to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, or consciousness, as I see it. Opened her eyes, so to speak. BTW, I don't believe in the original sin nonsense.

Anyway, I can see your point too.