Another Divisive, Partisan Thread

Greg_W

So, I heard that the Navy is commissioning a new aircraft carrier and naming after George H. W. Bush (hooray!!). This brought to mind the question of who has more ships named after them: Republicans or Democrats? Since I enjoy watching the divisiveness explode on this website, I thought I would bring it up.

Reagan, Bush, and Lincoln are all Repubs. and have carriers.

Kennedy has a ship named after him.

Who else?

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Greg_W

Edited by Greg_W

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Necronomicon said:

That fat cunt Condoleeza Rice has an oil tanker named after her. Does that count? (What a coincidence! A former oil executive with her name on a super-tanker is the current president's National Security Advisor! What are the odds???)

Sure, I think that's right up there with the mobile STD testing van that they named after Bill Clinton.

ken4ord said:

Oh yeah like we need another overpriced big killing machine, don't we have enough already. Who gives flying fuck whether they are named after Demoncrap or Repukeagain.

With 105 posts, you are rather new, so I'll forgive the question. The whole point is in the thread title: to give us a reason to fight and generate spray. Come on, get with the program; if you're not giving, you're taking. wink.gif

To your first comment, big killing machines DO wear out and need to be replaced. Hence, the commissioning of a NEW big killing machine. thumbs_up.gif

Greg_W said:

ken4ord said:

Oh yeah like we need another overpriced big killing machine, don't we have enough already. Who gives flying fuck whether they are named after Demoncrap or Repukeagain.

With 105 posts, you are rather new, so I'll forgive the question. The whole point is in the thread title: to give us a reason to fight and generate spray. Come on, get with the program; if you're not giving, you're taking. wink.gif

To your first comment, big killing machines DO wear out and need to be replaced. Hence, the commissioning of a NEW big killing machine. thumbs_up.gif

You're slipping into mediocrity, weak-ass bitch.

Sorry didn't mean sound like I was taking, whew especailly with only 106 posts now. My point is there is very little divisiveness here, in my 106 post opinion. Whether they are Re or De they are just bunch of white rich guys and we celebrate them by commissioning a war machine. What a crock of shit. So I guess I am not representing for one or the other, nor taking, but representing for all those that beileve our political system is joke. Come on does it really make a difference whether we have a Re or De in office, they both like to spend our money just in different ways.

How many more billions will that cost the taxpayers? Or was it figured into the $87 billion since I am sure that the Navy will post it off the coast of Iraq to make sure any Saddam followers are intimidated by a ship named after the guy who bombed the hell out of their country.

catbirdseat said:

Naval ships should not be named after living persons, and especially should not be named after those still holding office.

CBS, thanks for pointing out my grave error. I meant to say George H.W. Bush, as in President George Herbert Walker Bush (the elder). My bad.

Greg_W said:

catbirdseat said:

Naval ships should not be named after living persons, and especially should not be named after those still holding office.

CBS, thanks for pointing out my grave error. I meant to say George H.W. Bush, as in President George Herbert Walker Bush (the elder). My bad.

so now he's dead?

Ursa_Eagle said:

Greg_W said:

catbirdseat said:

so now he's dead?

No, no, he's quite alive, he's just not holding office anymore.

ken4ord said:

Sorry didn't mean sound like I was taking, whew especailly with only 106 posts now. My point is there is very little divisiveness here, in my 106 post opinion. Whether they are Re or De they are just bunch of white rich guys and we celebrate them by commissioning a war machine. What a crock of shit. So I guess I am not representing for one or the other, nor taking, but representing for all those that beileve our political system is joke. Come on does it really make a difference whether we have a Re or De in office, they both like to spend our money just in different ways.

thumbs_up.gif and a phat fah-q to greggie poo who apparently has his knickers in a twist. good on ya lad! the_finger.gif

ehmmic said:

How many more billions will that cost the taxpayers? Or was it figured into the $87 billion since I am sure that the Navy will post it off the coast of Iraq to make sure any Saddam followers are intimidated by a ship named after the guy who bombed the hell out of their country.

ehmmic, aircraft carriers take some time to build (several years) and this was probably in the Navy's budget prior to any action in Iraq. They've probably been asking for a new carrier for several years, but are just now getting the appropriations for it.

Greg_W

babnik said:

ken4ord said:

thumbs_up.gif and a phat fah-q to greggie poo who apparently has his knickers in a twist. good on ya lad! the_finger.gif

Fuck both of ya. I'm just trying to get shit stirring today to make it interesting. the_finger.gif

scrambler said:

Greg,

Thread drift, but curious. Was Geo H.W. Bush named after William Walker? The Walker Saga

This is unconfirmed, but I believe that both "Walker" and "Herbert" are family names.

EDIT: Walker is his mother's maiden name. Not sure on the Herbert, but still think it's a familial moniker.

GW

Edited by Greg_W