The Grateful Ed Will Speak!

Juan

Ed Viesturs will be making a 30 to 45 minutes slide presentation at the Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club ("The Club") on Nov. 6 at 7:00 a.m. It's a fundraiser for the Club. The cost is $125 per head, and all proceeds go to the Club. To reserve your space, please contact Val Brown at vbrownk@Kpositiveplace.org.

I know the time of the presentation/breakfast is early in the morning, and $125 buys a lot of beer, but this should be a good chance to see him in person and hopefully see slides of his latest trips. Think of it as an "alpine start" to the work day.

Cheers,

John Sharp

Bellevue

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David_Parker said:

Sphinx said:

That's ridiculous. No way would I pay 125 to listen to that jackass. hellno3d.gif

Sphinx, get a life or go climb something. Your posts are so juvenile. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

How so? My sentiments haven't changed. If you want juvenile, look at your avatar image. rolleyes.gif

What is this club thing, anyway?

Sphinx said:

David_Parker said:

Sphinx said:

That's ridiculous. No way would I pay 125 to listen to that jackass. hellno3d.gif

Sphinx, get a life or go climb something. Your posts are so juvenile. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

How so? My sentiments haven't changed. If you want juvenile, look at your avatar image. rolleyes.gif

What is this club thing, anyway?

Bwahahahaha!!! Touche on that juvenile shiznit. yellaf.gif

Hey Sphinx:

Not sure why you call Ed a jackass; I've never met him, but people say he's a very modest and selfless man. Pretty good climber too.

As for the event, the good news is that about $115 of the ticket price is tax deductible. Something to think about.

John

Juan said:

Hey Sphinx:

Not sure why you call Ed a jackass; I've never met him, but people say he's a very modest and selfless man. Pretty good climber too.

As for the event, the good news is that about $115 of the ticket price is tax deductible. Something to think about.

John

You're right, I should have phrased it differently. I don't like how he's become a corporate logo. I just think that the price is ridiculous. wave.gif

Point well taken on the price. I guess we just have to think of it as a charity breakfast with a cool speaker. As for the logo thing, I don't have a clue how the sponsorships work. The only piece of free gear I've ever received was an old ice screw from a friend in Boulder!

• 3 weeks later...