Young people today

RobBob

Dru said:

hey SLACKER - a sick day is not "there to be used". It's INSURANCE. Just because you paid the premiums doesnt mean you deserve a payout even if your car isnt totalled - likewise with sick days. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

So my dental coverage isn't "there to be used"? I have to wait until I have a cavity to cash in on my insurance? wazzup.gifboxing_smiley.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

No doofus. He's just saying take them, they're yours. If you're a workaholic and choose not to use sick days, that's cool too. Just don't bag on those that use them. Preventative medicine and dental is a different game.

They are not yours. The company assumes an average number of sick days per person. Some will get sick and use more; some will not get sick and use less. If everyone uses the max amount allowed, the total time used will be more than budgeted for. This will be bad for your company. In fact I don't know why hackers don't try to bring Microsoft down this way instead of by stupid MSBLAST worm confused.gif

E-rock said:

Think of them as "mental" sick days. To prevent me from snapping and "pumping round after round into colleagues and coworkers."

Exactly! I take sick days when I need time off work, be it from mental weariness, illness (don't even get me started on people going to work with the flu and spreading it to everyone), irritation or whatever reason. I refuse to feel guilty for not living up to everyone's PC sick day standards. They are given to me and I use them how I wish.

the_finger.gif